Forward from Steve Bennett

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Steve Bennet has requested me to forward this to the list:

      Dear Everyone I know here,
      I'm so sorry that I am mass e-mailing you all here, which I
      would normally
      not do.
      My task is not a happy one
      It is with sad heart and sorrow that I, Steve Bennett must
      inform everyone in
      the anime fandom world of the passing on 06/24/03 12.30 am of a
      truly great
      friend of all of us.
      Roy Bruce.
      This was the man whom knew me from the very beginning before my
      many years of
      fun and adventure with you all. He was the man that showed me
      that American
      fans of anime existed, and were on the whole great folks to be
      with.
      He was a completely unselfish man and was generous in spirit to
      all whom knew
      him.
      He was a true man in all the senses and never hesitated to put
      his family and
      friends before himself.
      He was a man I have tried to model my own conduct after with
      people at large.
      I cannot express any further in my pathetic writings about just
      how much he
      meant to me as a brother and best friend in this whole wonderful
      but sometimes
      crappy world.
      He was simply a good Joe all around and will be greatly missed
      by all that
      knew him, or know just how much he did to promote anime in the
      good ol' days.
      His spirit was there in the beginning, and will certainly be
      still here when
      we have all fallen to dust.
      I will post more details about him and what the plans will be
      for his big
      send off to heaven
      on our website at www.IC-Ent.com
      All e-mail to his lovely wife Cathy can be sent to our old
      e-mail address at:
      Ironcatnew@...
      All cards or mail can be sent to us at:
      Cathy Bruce
      c/o Studio Ironcat/IC-Entertainment
      1005 Mahone Street
      Fredericksburg Va,22401
      Thank you all for allowing me this moment to share our grief.
      Sincerely yours and in respect to his memory,
      Steve Bennett
      Love ya Brother!
      Roy Bruce