Harry Potter Book 5 (no spoilers)...

  • Sean Gaffney
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 23, 2003
      I must must must slash Luna Lovegood and Osaka from Azumanga.

      :-D

      --SG
    • Andy00@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 23, 2003
        Ah, good, I'm not the only one who figured we've discovered the Brit version of Osaka.
      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 24, 2003

          > I must must must slash Luna Lovegood and Osaka from Azumanga.
          >
          > :-D

          o.0~ You are an evil man, Sean ;p Let us all know when you're done ne?

          Kun
          ----'-,-{@
        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 24, 2003
            I suppose Asking the most obvious question is in order.

            Is it any good?
          • Andy00@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 24, 2003
              It needs to be shorter.   And I'm someone who had no problems with the 870 pages, I finished it in too days.    Also, Rowling seriously needs to have characters besides Harry _change._  Draco is more of a prop than anything else, and he has been the past 4 books.

              She also needs to come up with spells worse then her "unforgivable curses."   The legendary death spell "Avada Kervada" (whatever) that supposedly nothing can stop has just turned out to be a non-homing projectile that can be stopped by objects in the way.  (Tombstones, statues, etc.)  I can think of half a dozen spells that would take advantage of this, and I'm not a wizard.

              Crucio has also been overused, as we've gotten to "He felt excruciating pain, but 5 seconds later was okay.)

              Mostly, the book feels like buildup.  As long as later books are good, the flaws in this one can be forgiven.
            • Jamie Bonsignore
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 24, 2003
                depends on your defination of the word good, I wasn't too happy with it... too much bouncing back and forth, and not really any straightforwardness... that and the book didn't actually start until like 500 pages into it.... otherwise... I think it was okay

                -Jae
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
                  One more question, Has Dumbledoor (yes i know i spelled that wrong
                  but it's 6 am) Reviealed his evil plans yet. I am convinced that he's
                  behind everything. He knows to much not to be.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
                    Dumbledor's plans.... hmm... don't really wanna say too much, but I will say yes... thats bout it ^_^

                    -Jae

                  • kate0211@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
                      In a message dated 6/25/2003 11:39:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SlrMer@... writes:

                      Dumbledor's plans.... hmm... don't really wanna say too much, but I will say yes... thats bout it ^_^

                      If you are going to start asking and answer questions about what's going to happen, give us some warning, because even something as vague as what was asked and replied to is a spoiler.  Just wanted you do know.

                      Katya
                    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
                        Yeah, reading about Dumbledor is this book was kind of like watching Yoda in Episode 2... o.0~

                        Kun
                        ----'-,-{@

                        > Dumbledor's plans.... hmm... don't really wanna say too much, but I will say yes... thats bout it ^_^
                        >
                        > -Jae

                      • jason
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 25, 2003
                          i have not read any of the books myself but I have seen the two
                          movies and i am trying to resist the urge to write a harry potter fic
                          crossover with shadowrun the rpg from fasa...im not sure why
                          though....im trying to get a different fic done first before i start
                          on anything else cuase at the rate im going it might be 10 more years
                          before i get anything else done.
                          speaking of fics I have poted two fics to the fanfic.net and the rac
                          page. the fics are Jadite's Rusume from sailor moon and the other is
                          Dragons New Love, the only fic your going to see that has a demo
                          derby in it.....
                          i will post the links to them later this week when i get the chance
                          to online more.

                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:
                          > I must must must slash Luna Lovegood and Osaka from Azumanga.
                          >
                          > :-D
                          >
                          > --SG
                        • Steven Perez
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 27, 2003
                            On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Sean Gaffney wrote:
                            > I must must must slash Luna Lovegood and Osaka from Azumanga.

                            Yeah, but Luna's just weird not stupid. Whereas Osaka is as thick as
                            a brick as well as weird. ^^;

                            Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
                            Lover of Males and Females, and quite Kinky to boot! :D @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,
                            LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bishounenhuntrs @}|--'-,--,
                          • Shannon Stricof
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 28, 2003
                              The best book is number 4, followed closely by number 3. At least thats what I think.

                              -Shannon Ami

                              Jamie Bonsignore <SlrMer@...> wrote:
                              depends on your defination of the word good, I wasn't too happy with it... too much bouncing back and forth, and not really any straightforwardness... that and the book didn't actually start until like 500 pages into it.... otherwise... I think it was okay

                              -Jae
                              I suppose Asking the most obvious question is in order.

                              Is it any good?

                              Do you Yahoo!?