Re: [Yuricon] Fwd: the laws for us

  • Shannon Stricof
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      Sounds about right, it really fits the story from Street Fighter 2v, where Ken(American) is second to Ryu, and always gets beaten on, but keeps getting up, is rich and friendly, kinda gets the girl, and is second in every way to Ryu, though he actually can fight with his fists. Oh, he's really belligerent too.

      Sam <usa_in_the_uk03@...> wrote:
      this is a continuation of the other laws of anime

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      To: usa_in_the_uk03@...
      Subject: the laws for us
      Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:39:27 +0000

      The Exclusive Book Of:
      The Laws of
      Americanthropomorphism

      1.Almost every show has an American character
      2.Contrary to reality, American guy is always second to Japanguy. (Japan is
      really our bitch)
      3.Americans usually display specific traits such as:
      *Larger smile or eyes
      *"cowboy" attitude (especially in wartime)
      *Friendliness or Arrogance
      *complete bliss to customs and fashion laws of others and different cultures
      around them
      *The terrible habit of talking to themselves or speaking aloud
      *either really long hair or very short hair
      *Ususally Blond or Brown hair with Blue or Green eyes
      *Recieves most abuse by enemy, but keeps getting up
      *Odd egotistical phrases such as (extract from Maxwell 3:16) "The Great
      Destroyer is back with a bang!"
      *Usually get really nice girls, but these females are not terribly important
      to story line (Hilde Schbeiker theory)
      *often cocky, crazy, or overfamiliar
      *Use more ammo than anyone else (Phillip Hughes' law)
      *Have unique ability to befriend enemy soldiers.some believe excessive
      talking brainwashes the adversary
      *In a story, americans never really "win" but always contribute, often
      commiting over kill
      *characters are very touchy-feely.(japs hate this)
      *are virtually useless at hand-to-hand combat. often rely on
      guns,knives,sticks,ect.
      *often have the ability to silenly creep up on enemy (e.g.Deathscythe Hell
      Or Lt.Hughes' GM)
      *individuality is everything...
      *Americans are never main characters...but without them the story wouldnt
      amount to much.

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
        Don't forget that if there is a Chinies man they are always a master
        of Kung Fu. I really love just how culturally shallow Japan can be
        some times, it makes for some pretty funny stuff. Cas in Point G
        Gundam, my god if that isn't a sterotype i don't know what is. I
        espcually love how the maxer has boxing glows, comes in on a
        surfboard, and has cowboy pistols. I can't wait till they make RACIST
        GUNDAM.
      • cricharddavies
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Sam <usa_in_the_uk03@y...> wrote:
          > *In a story, americans never really "win" but always contribute,
          often
          > commiting over kill

          And this is different from reality how?

          Chris Davies.