Fwd: the laws for us

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      this is a continuation of the other laws of anime

      Note: forwarded message attached.

    • Shannon Stricof
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
        Sounds about right, it really fits the story from Street Fighter 2v, where Ken(American) is second to Ryu, and always gets beaten on, but keeps getting up, is rich and friendly, kinda gets the girl, and is second in every way to Ryu, though he actually can fight with his fists. Oh, he's really belligerent too.

        To: usa_in_the_uk03@...
        Subject: the laws for us
        Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:39:27 +0000

        The Exclusive Book Of:
        The Laws of
        Americanthropomorphism

        1.Almost every show has an American character
        2.Contrary to reality, American guy is always second to Japanguy. (Japan is
        really our bitch)
        3.Americans usually display specific traits such as:
        *Larger smile or eyes
        *"cowboy" attitude (especially in wartime)
        *Friendliness or Arrogance
        *complete bliss to customs and fashion laws of others and different cultures
        around them
        *The terrible habit of talking to themselves or speaking aloud
        *either really long hair or very short hair
        *Ususally Blond or Brown hair with Blue or Green eyes
        *Recieves most abuse by enemy, but keeps getting up
        *Odd egotistical phrases such as (extract from Maxwell 3:16) "The Great
        Destroyer is back with a bang!"
        *Usually get really nice girls, but these females are not terribly important
        to story line (Hilde Schbeiker theory)
        *often cocky, crazy, or overfamiliar
        *Use more ammo than anyone else (Phillip Hughes' law)
        *Have unique ability to befriend enemy soldiers.some believe excessive
        talking brainwashes the adversary
        *In a story, americans never really "win" but always contribute, often
        commiting over kill
        *characters are very touchy-feely.(japs hate this)
        *are virtually useless at hand-to-hand combat. often rely on
        guns,knives,sticks,ect.
        *often have the ability to silenly creep up on enemy (e.g.Deathscythe Hell
        Or Lt.Hughes' GM)
        *individuality is everything...
        *Americans are never main characters...but without them the story wouldnt
        amount to much.

      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
          Don't forget that if there is a Chinies man they are always a master
          of Kung Fu. I really love just how culturally shallow Japan can be
          some times, it makes for some pretty funny stuff. Cas in Point G
          Gundam, my god if that isn't a sterotype i don't know what is. I
          espcually love how the maxer has boxing glows, comes in on a
          surfboard, and has cowboy pistols. I can't wait till they make RACIST
          GUNDAM.
        • cricharddavies
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Sam <usa_in_the_uk03@y...> wrote:
            > *In a story, americans never really "win" but always contribute,
            often
            > commiting over kill

            And this is different from reality how?

            Chris Davies.