Great minds...

  • what is a dooky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Just thought I'd relate a recent incident from my anime club...

      Our new president is a bit of a yuri fangirl, and we've been
      conspiring to get as much yuri into the schedules as possible. We're
      having yuri vs yaoi week soon (to make up for the fact that none of us
      can afford to go to Yuricon), but last week was Magical Girl week,
      wherein we decided to show Episode 92 of Sailor Moon (you know the one
      I mean ^_^).
      In charge of locating this episode was my friend Colin, who has
      virtually every episode of Sailor Moon, but hasn't ever got round to
      watching any. Having heard from me that there is more yuri potential
      in Sailor Moon than just Haruka and Michiru, he decided to watch a
      random episode to see if it was true...

      Most of you have probably read Erica's article relating to the first
      episode of Sailor Moon she watched (if not, it's mentioned here-
      http://www.worldshaking.net/FAQ.htm and indeed here-
      http://www.asgard.gen.nz/anime/yuri/archives.html ). With this in
      mind, see if you can guess what my friend told me the following day... ^_^

      "I just picked a random episode. Rei wins tickets for a romantic
      cruise, and decides to take Ami with her. Then Usagi gets jealous and
      follows them. It was baltant shoujo-ai..."

      Suffice to say, he is now a convert. It just amuses me that out of the
      200 episodes available, he managed to pick the very same episode that
      converted Erica. And had precisely the same reaction. Well, he didn't
      go and set up a huge convention/mass media conspiracy dedicated to
      yuri, but it's early days yet. I have high hopes for him... ^_^

      dooky
      "Convertin' like Dokken"
    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        > Suffice to say, he is now a convert. It just amuses me that out of the
        > 200 episodes available, he managed to pick the very same episode that
        > converted Erica. And had precisely the same reaction. Well, he didn't
        > go and set up a huge convention/mass media conspiracy dedicated to
        > yuri, but it's early days yet. I have high hopes for him... ^_^

        Ah...the feeling of satisfaction you get after making someone an anime fan, against their better judgement ;p

        Kun