Re: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to all our new list members!

  • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
      On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:

      > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
      > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
      > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
      > be hostile *lol*

      Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
      different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
    • Carmen DiProspero
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
        --- kate0211@... wrote:
        > Daylight Time,
        > zephthebest@... writes:
        >
        > > Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an
        > Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try
        > > not to be hostile *lol*
        >
        > Totally there with you on the Ami/Mako pairing. :)
        > I'm not a huge Minako
        > fan at all. *shrugs* Michiru, Haruka, Ami and
        > Makoto...those are my faves.
        >
        > Katya

        The only pairing I like of Minako is Minako/Ami. I
        also like Ami/Naru (why can't a senshi have a yuri
        relationship with a non-senshi).

        Carmen ^_^

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Michi Yamiko
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
          ahhhh ok..
          *steps out of shadows* ^^()

          I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
          yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
          I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
          err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD
          my no 1 love is J-rock, visual kei, and gothic & lolita style, second is shoujo, yuri,and yaoi manga (but I dun like the hard stuff X__X)and I'm aspiring to be a manga-ka ^__^ ..-_- man this is hard!!
          My first manga is a Yuri one that is still in the working....*beats page* But I do have something to show at the artist alley ^^
          if ya want to know more about me or my art..
          www.geocities.com/yamiko_michi
          bwahaha blant self promotion XDD..SUMIMASEN~~ ^^()

          ++ yamiko ++

          Powered by Outblaze
        • nuriseiya@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
            > ahhhh ok..
            > *steps out of shadows* ^^()
            >
            > I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
            > yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
            > I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
            > err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD

            Another Tanya Huff fan! *glees* :D
            Welcome ;) And I must say... Kris is cool ;) Diana's a little too arrogant for my tastes.

            -Alex

            1
          • Steven Perez
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
              On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
              > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
              >
              > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
              > > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
              > > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
              > > be hostile *lol*
              > >
              > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
              > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^

              Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

              Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
              "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, xtc, and alcohol"
              -Queens of the Stone Age, Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
              N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime stp@...
            • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                On 2 Jun 2003 at 8:59, Steven Perez wrote:

                > On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
                > > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
                > >
                > > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty
                > > > crazy, though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^
                > > > Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~
                > > > I'll try not to be hostile *lol*
                > > >
                > > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                > > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
                > >
                > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                There's one Faction employing stealth tactics.
              • Renee
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                  Ditto on the Mako/Ami

                  Steven Perez <stp@...> wrote:
                  On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
                  > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
                  >
                  > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
                  > > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
                  > > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
                  > > be hostile *lol*
                  > >
                  > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                  > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^

                     Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                  Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
                  "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, xtc, and alcohol"
                    -Queens of the Stone Age, Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
                  N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime              stp@...

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Gina D
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                    >From: pbarkow@...
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to all our new list members!
                    >Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:38:16 -0300
                    >
                    >On 2 Jun 2003 at 8:59, Steven Perez wrote:

                    > > > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                    > > > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
                    > > >
                    > > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                    Would now be a bad time to claim to be a fan of Amy/Lyta?

                    kage-kun - who's still plotting revenge on DIC
                    "ookami wa ookami"

                  • Amy Gordon
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003

                      Amy/Lita = Ami/Makoto. Just English vs. Japanese names. YESSS another one. We are slowly taking over ^_~

                      -Zeph ^_^

                    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                        > And of course the chara that brought me here... Yuriko totally rocks!!

                        Well, we can't argue with that! ;)
                        *does a little Yuriko dance*

                        > Hope to get a chance to meet some interesting people here and make a
                        > few new friends.

                        Welcome to the list, Dave! =^.^=

                        Kun
                        ----'-,-{@
                      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                          In a message dated 6/1/2003 8:23:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, michinhisashi@... writes:

                          > ahhhh ok..
                          > *steps out of shadows* ^^()
                          >
                          > I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
                          > yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
                          > I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
                          > err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD
                          > my no 1 love is J-rock, visual kei, and gothic & lolita style, second is shoujo, yuri,and yaoi manga (but I dun like the hard stuff X__X)and I'm aspiring to be a manga-ka ^__^ ..-_- man this is hard!!
                          > My first manga is a Yuri one that is still in the working....*beats page* But I do have something to show at the artist alley ^^
                          > if ya want to know more about me or my art..
                          > www.geocities.com/yamiko_michi
                          > bwahaha blant self promotion XDD..SUMIMASEN~~ ^^()

                          Welcome to the list Yamiko =^.^= Since you're an artist, you might want to sign up for our next manga compilation for Yuri Monogatari ;) We should be starting it later this year =^.^=

                          Kun
                          ----'-,-{@
                        • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                            On 2 Jun 2003 at 23:54, Gina D wrote:

                            > >From: pbarkow@...
                            > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            > >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to all our new list members!
                            > >Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:38:16 -0300

                            > > > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p
                            >
                            > Would now be a bad time to claim to be a fan of Amy/Lyta?

                            Not all, we have to choose sides. ^_^
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 14, 2007
                              Hello all -

                              It's that time, once again, to welcome all the new folks who have
                              joined the list recently and get people settled in. :-) With the most
                              recent members, this list now exceeds 1800 members. As you know,
                              joining this list make you instantly cooler, more intelligent,
                              attractive and gives you magic lesbian powers. ;-)

                              If you are one of our new folks, please feel free to jump in and
                              introduce yourself, how you got into yuri, what your favorites series
                              are, etc. My name is Erica, I'm the list owner and founder of
                              Yuricon. I got into yuri through Sailor Moon's Haruka and Michiru and
                              I will forever think them the best couple ever. :-)

                              We have a very decent group for the most part and to help keep it this
                              way, I do ask that all new folks take 5 minutes to read our Frequently
                              Asked Questions: http://www.yuricon.com/faq.html If you have been on
                              this list for a while and have never read them, please DO. It won't
                              take long. They were recently updated to reflect a few changes, so
                              it's a good idea to take a look at them again to refresh your
                              knowledge.

                              Yuricon is a celebration of shoujoai and yuri in anime and manga -
                              that is, anything and everything having to do with girl/girl
                              relationships in Japanese animation and comics. Anything relating to
                              anime and lesbianism is on topic. Yuricon is yaoi and straight
                              friendly, just remember where the focus of the group is. But
                              generally, chitchat is highly encouraged!

                              Common courtesy is the *most* important single quality necessary at
                              Yuricon. We're all here to have fun, so try to keep that in mind.
                              Here's some basic rules of thumb:

                              1) Remember, this is not real life. It is a computer and the person
                              you are screaming at is a name in text. Turn the computer off and walk
                              away until you don't see red instead of responding to a post in anger.

                              2) Be polite - even if it kills you.

                              3) No one is "right" anymore than anyone is "wrong." You may disagree
                              but your point of view is only one of many, please allow others
                              theirs.

                              4) Do not out people or otherwise use real-life personal info that is
                              private without their consent. This will not be tolerated on the list
                              and may well open you up to a real-life lawsuit.

                              5) Have fun. If it's not fun, go away from the list for a while. When
                              you miss us, come back.

                              There simply is no reason whatsoever to get enraged by anything online
                              - it can't hurt you unless you let it. Try to remember that this is
                              just an adjunct to a fun life - not a substitute for one. :-)

                              Yuricon's mission is to openly enjoy and celebrate all forms of yuri
                              and shoujoai. If that's what you want to do - you're in the right
                              place.

                              Again, welcome to all our new members and a very sincere thank you to
                              all the folks who have been here for a while. because of you, this is
                              really one of the least suckiest groups on the Internet.

                              Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
                              http://okazu.blogpsot.com