BSJSS Sailor Yuri [was: welcome to the new list members]

  • MaiDomino@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2003
      In a message dated 6/1/2003 14:20:20 Pacific Daylight Time, zephthebest@... writes:

      Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to be hostile *lol*

      -Zeph ^_^

      I'm not sure why, but I think I have to go with Ami / Makoto.

      Maybe it's "the brains + the braun" aspect? I'm not sure.

      To tell you the truth, Ami is a personal favourite anime (non-fighter game) character. I can see a lot of pair-ups across various series.

      I know a handful of people who think the best dynamic is Chibi-Usa & Hotaru ["Mini Moon" and Sailor Saturn], but that's mostly because of their ages; they're the closest match for each other.

      Same people seem to like Usagi & Rei [Moon & Mars], 'specially 'cuz of a clip from the Sailor Moon R TV series [I think it was R, not S] where Usagi and Rei lean into each other, damn-near touch faces, then both blush.

      How many people can argue so much [in anime] and NOT fall in love? :)

      But, I'll stick with Ami / Makoto nevertheless.

      Ami's open heart with Makoto's o-tembajo ["tomboy"] ... everything ....

      Kinda writes itself, I think.

      =====

      Oh, and by the way, I'm Seishun, thirty-something, and I'm a new list member, joining 1.5 weeks ago. I'm into BSJSS Sailor Moon, Blue Seed, City Hunter; video game fighters [and I can beat any male I encounter :p]; anime and JPOP music, and the occasional ice cream cone. Los Angeles is home, and I'm just getting into AMV [anime music videos ~ video clips put to [mostly] domestic (American) songs].

      I have a few recommendations for those who have the bandwidth and wanna see some nice interpretations aobut their favourite sailor senshi in AMV, if anyone's interesed.

      ~ SMA
    • Shannon Stricof
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
        Yay!, Ami/Mako is definately my favorite yuri pairing too, at least in Sailormoon, even though I don't have a reason (like the rest of you). Too bad we haven't met, I would thrash you in any Tekken you've ever played, but, I'm not a guy (at least I'm pretty sure I'm not), so I guess I'm not said exception.

        -Shannon Ami

        MaiDomino@... wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • MaiDomino@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
          In a message dated 6/2/2003 20:42:28 Pacific Daylight Time, shanami632@... writes:

          Yay!, Ami/Mako is definately my favorite yuri pairing too, at least in Sailormoon, even though I don't have a reason (like the rest of you). Too bad we haven't met, I would thrash you in any Tekken you've ever played, but, I'm not a guy (at least I'm pretty sure I'm not), so I guess I'm not said exception.

          Heh.... I forgot about Tekken [1,2,3,4]....

          I never really played them at all.

          I'm more C(r)apcom / SNK. Although I grew-up on  Xiang Chun-Li and Shiranui Mai, I can handle just about any female in either game series [except Maki ... she's nuts! ].

          :)

          I have tried Michelle Chang before.... I can do 5 hit combos, ... then I'm usually made into mince meat shortly there-after. Xiaoyu looks fun, but I can't get the hang of her at all. I have the wrong rhythm for her.

          I'm more King [from Art of Fighting / Ryuuko no Ken, King of Fighters], Shiranui Mai, Sakazaki Yuri, Toodoo Kasumi, Blue Mary Ryan; Xiang Chun-Li, Psylocke [Betsy Braddock], Morrigan Aensland, Sakura Kasugano and Cammy White.

          Outside of those ... I'm TOAST !!

          ~ SMA
        • Shannon Stricof
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
            Tekken is really easy to forget, it's kinda like Virtua Fighter, all button mashing until you get the hang of it. Those specific gals (Michelle and Xiaoyu) are really quirky, and arent so easy to play. May I suggest Nina, not only does she look good in tights, but she is absolutely impossible to keep up with, having multi-throws, reversals, and weird switch ups. Gotta like the nut kick too, hee hee.

            Ahh, kinda interesting that the females always whup the guys' butts in fighters (I mean the characters, but maybe otherwise too).

            I'd love to take you on in Street Fighter, but I don't think my severely outdated abilities with Chun Li or Dhalsim would stand up to a Cammy played by a pro. Geez, I remember a really old gameboy fighter that I think had a lesbian in it, she was always kissing girls at the end of fights, had a real big whip too. Chicks with weapons!!! (Gotta like Soul Caliber for that aspect too) too bad I can't remember the name of it, darn.

            -Shannon Ami, Self Proclaimed Video Game Conosseiur

          • Ryogachan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
              In a message dated 6/2/2003 8:42:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, shanami632@... writes:

              Yay!, Ami/Mako is definately my favorite yuri pairing too, at least in Sailormoon, even though I don't have a reason (like the rest of you).

              I like Ami/Mako, I like Mina/Mako, I like Ami/Usagi... I guess I'm just kind of liberal with the pairings, lol.

              Too bad we haven't met, I would thrash you in any Tekken you've ever played, but,

              I'm not a guy (at least I'm pretty sure I'm not), so I guess I'm not said exception.

              -Shannon Ami

                 Mmmm Tekken. Speaking of fighting games.. I can't wait for Soul Caliber 2 to be released!!

              * ~ Kes ^.~*

              ---------------

              What I've felt, what I've known... Turn the pages, turn the stone
              Behind the door.. should I open it for you?

            • MaiDomino@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
                Every play the SNK side?

                I grew up on Chun-Li, but once I got exposed to SNK stuff, I was hooked for life. Now, I alsmost exclusively play SNK fighters [but I play the Capcom vs* series, and the Capcom / SNK crossovers].

                See me in private email; I can hook you up on some emulators until you can get back into shape on SNK stuff [I'm still looking for Capcom stuff].

                ~ SMA

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
                  In a message dated 6/2/2003 21:19:07 Pacific Daylight Time, shanami632@... writes:

                  Tekken is really easy to forget, it's kinda like Virtua Fighter, all button mashing until you get the hang of it. Those specific gals (Michelle and Xiaoyu) are really quirky, and arent so easy to play. May I suggest Nina, not only does she look good in tights, but she is absolutely impossible to keep up with, having multi-throws, reversals, and weird switch ups. Gotta like the nut kick too, hee hee.

                  Does Nina have a twin / palette swap character Anna or something like that?

                  Rival Schools / Project Justice has a character, Tiffany Rose [who's a tribute to porn star Tiffany Lords I'm told ~ look @ her and tell me that's wrong :]. Her team-up is a kiss. Her throw: she puts your head in her cleavage, shakes it all around, then "pushes" you away with a strong thrust.

                  She MUST be a secret Gainax product. :)

                  ~ SMA
                • MaiDomino@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
                    In a message dated 6/2/2003 21:23:15 Pacific Daylight Time, Ryogachan@... writes:

                    I like Ami/Mako, I like Mina/Mako, I like Ami/Usagi... I guess I'm just kind of liberal with the pairings, lol.

                    You know ... I really have a hard time seeing Minako with anyone yuri. Dunno why, really, but she's the least one I can see.... Maybe it's all the frenetic boy chasing she does in the series....

                    I can =so= see Ami / Usagi, though. I wonder why I can never find any *good* fics combining those two.

                    ~ SMA

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 2, 2003
                      Ryogachan@a...
                      > writes:
                      >

                      > > I like Ami/Mako, I like Mina/Mako, I like Ami/Usagi... I guess
                      I'm just kind

                      > You know ... I really have a hard time seeing Minako with anyone
                      yuri. Dunno
                      > why, really, but she's the least one I can see.... Maybe it's all
                      the frenetic
                      > boy chasing she does in the series....
                      >
                      > I can =so= see Ami / Usagi, though. I wonder why I can never find
                      any *good*
                      > fics combining those two.
                      >
                      > ~ SMA

                      I know someone who is working on such a story, but her Muse isn't
                      very cooperative, so it's slow going.

                      Of course, I knew that once I mentioned Mako/Mina, the entire CoA&M
                      would be out with pitchforks ~_^ That's Ok though. For the record,
                      I've writen Ami/Mako, Mina/Rei, Usagi/Rei, and of course I HAD to do
                      a few Haruka/Michiru, But Mako/Mina got me started in Shoujoai. The
                      vast majority of my fics are Mako/Mina (I "Dance with the one that
                      brung me" ~_^), but I do like branching out on occasion.
                    • MaiDomino@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 3, 2003
                        In a message dated 6/2/2003 23:56:14 Pacific Daylight Time, merrickdave@... writes:

                        Of course, I knew that once I mentioned Mako/Mina, the entire CoA&M
                        would be out with pitchforks ~_^ That's Ok though. For the record,
                        I've writen Ami/Mako

                        What pitchforks? (stuff, hide, hide, stuff, tuck away)

                        I'd like to see some of your stuff [ami/mako, and anyone/rei].

                        Where would one [without pitchforks, mind you] find it / them?

                        ~ SMA
                      • Amy Gordon
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 3, 2003

                          Well, I've seen Mina paired with everyone since she's the "senshi of looove" XD But it was Erica's Mako/Ami fic that sold me ^_^ Where's your fanfic?

                          -Zeph ^_^

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 3, 2003
                            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Gordon" <zephthebest@h...> wrote:
                            > Well, I've seen Mina paired with everyone since she's the "senshi
                            > of looove" XD But it was Erica's Mako/Ami fic that sold me ^_^
                            > Where's your fanfic?

                            My best (and longest) so far is "Who Wants to Live Forever"
                            12 chapters (13 if you count the omake)
                            Pairings: Mako/Ami (briefly), Mako/Mina, Usagi/Rei.
                            It was pretty well recieved (the folks at Shoujoai.com are really
                            kind)
                            You can find it Here:
                            http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=6284

                            For a little more humorous story, try "Puss and Boots" a re-telling
                            of the classic fairy tale with the BSSM charas.
                            4 chapters (it was supposed to be a short)
                            Pairings:Mina/Rei, Mako/Ami, Haruka/Michiru.
                            Everyone seemed to get a kick out of it :)
                            It's Here:
                            http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=8598

                            Hope you enjoy :)
                          • Dave
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 3, 2003
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Gordon" <zephthebest@h...> wrote:

                              Oh! Almost forgot, for a sweet "day in the life" type Haruka/Michiru
                              story, try this.
                              "Thank You" H/M one chapter short. you can find Here:
                              http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_show.pl?
                              pid=61047&hl=Dido&hlm=phrase#61047

                              For this pair, I like to write short stories dealing with their
                              everyday life, and family.
                            • Shannon Stricof