Re: [Yuricon] Welcome to all our new list members!

    Message 1 of 22 , May 31, 2003
      >From: pbarkow@...

      >Can we start a collection? ^_^

      Already done. I keep 'em at the bottom of various Yuricon website pages.
      Collect 'em all! ;-)

    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
        > > > Anyway, welcome again to you new folks - step
        > > right up and say hi,
        > > > because one of our many mottos is "no lurkies!" (I
        > > make up alot of
        > > > mottos...)
        > >
        > > Can we start a collection? ^_^
        >
        > Good idea. That would a good size webpage. Plus, we
        > will need another paage for Kun dances. :)

        o.0~

        Kun
        ----'-,-{@
        *does a little dazedandconfusirated dance*
      • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
          On 1 Jun 2003 at 9:06, Trixterpriest@... wrote:

          > > > right up and say hi,
          > > > make up alot of
          > > >
          > > > Can we start a collection? ^_^
          > >
          > > Good idea. That would a good size webpage. Plus, we
          > > will need another paage for Kun dances. :)
          > >

          > o.0~
          >
          > Kun
          > ----'-,-{@
          > *does a little dazedandconfusirated dance*

          So, who's going to do the archiving? ^_^
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
            > We've had a sudden surge of new members, so I wanted to take a
            moment
            > and welcome you all to the Yuricon Mailing List, the "Least sucky
            > group of people you'll meet online," as i like to say. :-)
            >
            > Please feel free to delurk and introduce yourselves, share any
            > favorite yuri couples, scenes, series, etc. We always like to talk
            > about the thing that brings us all together here. :-)

            Thank you, it's nice to be here :)

            Let's see... Sailor Moon of course Haruka/Michiru are so cool, and
            despite it being not the most popular BSSM pairing, I like
            Makoto/Minako as well. And although I haven't seen the series yet
            (just the movie) I love Utena too.

            And of course the chara that brought me here... Yuriko totally rocks!!

            Hope to get a chance to meet some interesting people here and make a
            few new friends.

            Matane!

            ainoderringer (Dave san).
          • Amy Gordon
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003

              *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy, though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^

              Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to be hostile *lol*

              -Zeph ^_^

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/cGIolB/TM

            • kate0211@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
                In a message dated 6/1/2003 5:20:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zephthebest@... writes:

                Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to be hostile *lol*

                Totally there with you on the Ami/Mako pairing.  :)  I'm not a huge Minako fan at all.  *shrugs*  Michiru, Haruka, Ami and Makoto...those are my faves.

                Katya

              • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
                  On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:

                  > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
                  > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
                  > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
                  > be hostile *lol*

                  Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                  different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
                • Carmen DiProspero
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
                    --- kate0211@... wrote:
                    > Daylight Time,
                    > zephthebest@... writes:
                    >
                    > > Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an
                    > Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try
                    > > not to be hostile *lol*
                    >
                    > Totally there with you on the Ami/Mako pairing. :)
                    > I'm not a huge Minako
                    > fan at all. *shrugs* Michiru, Haruka, Ami and
                    > Makoto...those are my faves.
                    >
                    > Katya

                    The only pairing I like of Minako is Minako/Ami. I
                    also like Ami/Naru (why can't a senshi have a yuri
                    relationship with a non-senshi).

                    Carmen ^_^

                    http://calendar.yahoo.com
                  • Michi Yamiko
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
                      ahhhh ok..
                      *steps out of shadows* ^^()

                      I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
                      yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
                      I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
                      err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD
                      my no 1 love is J-rock, visual kei, and gothic & lolita style, second is shoujo, yuri,and yaoi manga (but I dun like the hard stuff X__X)and I'm aspiring to be a manga-ka ^__^ ..-_- man this is hard!!
                      My first manga is a Yuri one that is still in the working....*beats page* But I do have something to show at the artist alley ^^
                      if ya want to know more about me or my art..
                      www.geocities.com/yamiko_michi
                      bwahaha blant self promotion XDD..SUMIMASEN~~ ^^()

                      ++ yamiko ++

                      Powered by Outblaze
                    • nuriseiya@rogers.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 1, 2003
                        > ahhhh ok..
                        > *steps out of shadows* ^^()
                        >
                        > I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
                        > yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
                        > I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
                        > err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD

                        Another Tanya Huff fan! *glees* :D
                        Welcome ;) And I must say... Kris is cool ;) Diana's a little too arrogant for my tastes.

                        -Alex

                        1
                      • Steven Perez
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                          On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
                          > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
                          >
                          > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
                          > > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
                          > > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
                          > > be hostile *lol*
                          > >
                          > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                          > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^

                          Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                          Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
                          "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, xtc, and alcohol"
                          -Queens of the Stone Age, Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
                          N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime stp@...
                        • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                            On 2 Jun 2003 at 8:59, Steven Perez wrote:

                            > On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
                            > > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty
                            > > > crazy, though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^
                            > > > Mako/Mina? *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~
                            > > > I'll try not to be hostile *lol*
                            > > >
                            > > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                            > > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
                            > >
                            > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                            There's one Faction employing stealth tactics.
                          • Renee
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                              Ditto on the Mako/Ami

                              Steven Perez <stp@...> wrote:
                              On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 pbarkow@... wrote:
                              > On 1 Jun 2003 at 21:18, Amy Gordon wrote:
                              >
                              > > *g* Hey Dave! welcome to the list :D This place can get pretty crazy,
                              > > though it's quieted down somewhat over the years ^_^ Mako/Mina?
                              > > *fights you off with a stick* I'm an Ami/Mako fan ^_~ I'll try not to
                              > > be hostile *lol*
                              > >
                              > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                              > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^

                                 Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                              Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
                              "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, xtc, and alcohol"
                                -Queens of the Stone Age, Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
                              N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime              stp@...

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • Gina D
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                                >From: pbarkow@...
                                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to all our new list members!
                                >Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:38:16 -0300
                                >
                                >On 2 Jun 2003 at 8:59, Steven Perez wrote:

                                > > > Hmm, perhaps a new incarnation of the Otaku Wars! based on
                                > > > different pairings of Senshi? ^_^
                                > > >
                                > > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p

                                Would now be a bad time to claim to be a fan of Amy/Lyta?

                                kage-kun - who's still plotting revenge on DIC
                                "ookami wa ookami"

                              • Amy Gordon
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003

                                  Amy/Lita = Ami/Makoto. Just English vs. Japanese names. YESSS another one. We are slowly taking over ^_~

                                  -Zeph ^_^

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                                    > And of course the chara that brought me here... Yuriko totally rocks!!

                                    Well, we can't argue with that! ;)
                                    *does a little Yuriko dance*

                                    > Hope to get a chance to meet some interesting people here and make a
                                    > few new friends.

                                    Welcome to the list, Dave! =^.^=

                                    Kun
                                    ----'-,-{@
                                  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                                      In a message dated 6/1/2003 8:23:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, michinhisashi@... writes:

                                      > ahhhh ok..
                                      > *steps out of shadows* ^^()
                                      >
                                      > I'm new so I'll introduce myself breifly since it is the rule ne~ ^^
                                      > yamiko desu yoroshiku onegaiishimasuuuu ^__^/
                                      > I joined really recently to gear up for Yuricon ^^()
                                      > err umm my old fav couple was Haruka and michiru, 2nd WAS utena and anthy but right now my fav is from a US kinda novel called "the keeper cronicles" Diana & kris ^_^ ..wow mentioning a book I feel like a geek but it's the only novel I read these days..XD
                                      > my no 1 love is J-rock, visual kei, and gothic & lolita style, second is shoujo, yuri,and yaoi manga (but I dun like the hard stuff X__X)and I'm aspiring to be a manga-ka ^__^ ..-_- man this is hard!!
                                      > My first manga is a Yuri one that is still in the working....*beats page* But I do have something to show at the artist alley ^^
                                      > if ya want to know more about me or my art..
                                      > www.geocities.com/yamiko_michi
                                      > bwahaha blant self promotion XDD..SUMIMASEN~~ ^^()

                                      Welcome to the list Yamiko =^.^= Since you're an artist, you might want to sign up for our next manga compilation for Yuri Monogatari ;) We should be starting it later this year =^.^=

                                      Kun
                                      ----'-,-{@
                                    • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 3, 2003
                                        On 2 Jun 2003 at 23:54, Gina D wrote:

                                        > >From: pbarkow@...
                                        > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                        > >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Welcome to all our new list members!
                                        > >Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:38:16 -0300

                                        > > > Argh! Nooooooooo! *runs and hides* ;p
                                        >
                                        > Would now be a bad time to claim to be a fan of Amy/Lyta?

                                        Not all, we have to choose sides. ^_^
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Nov 14, 2007
                                          Hello all -

                                          It's that time, once again, to welcome all the new folks who have
                                          joined the list recently and get people settled in. :-) With the most
                                          recent members, this list now exceeds 1800 members. As you know,
                                          joining this list make you instantly cooler, more intelligent,
                                          attractive and gives you magic lesbian powers. ;-)

                                          If you are one of our new folks, please feel free to jump in and
                                          introduce yourself, how you got into yuri, what your favorites series
                                          are, etc. My name is Erica, I'm the list owner and founder of
                                          Yuricon. I got into yuri through Sailor Moon's Haruka and Michiru and
                                          I will forever think them the best couple ever. :-)

                                          We have a very decent group for the most part and to help keep it this
                                          way, I do ask that all new folks take 5 minutes to read our Frequently
                                          Asked Questions: http://www.yuricon.com/faq.html If you have been on
                                          this list for a while and have never read them, please DO. It won't
                                          take long. They were recently updated to reflect a few changes, so
                                          it's a good idea to take a look at them again to refresh your
                                          knowledge.

                                          Yuricon is a celebration of shoujoai and yuri in anime and manga -
                                          that is, anything and everything having to do with girl/girl
                                          relationships in Japanese animation and comics. Anything relating to
                                          anime and lesbianism is on topic. Yuricon is yaoi and straight
                                          friendly, just remember where the focus of the group is. But
                                          generally, chitchat is highly encouraged!

                                          Common courtesy is the *most* important single quality necessary at
                                          Yuricon. We're all here to have fun, so try to keep that in mind.
                                          Here's some basic rules of thumb:

                                          1) Remember, this is not real life. It is a computer and the person
                                          you are screaming at is a name in text. Turn the computer off and walk
                                          away until you don't see red instead of responding to a post in anger.

                                          2) Be polite - even if it kills you.

                                          3) No one is "right" anymore than anyone is "wrong." You may disagree
                                          but your point of view is only one of many, please allow others
                                          theirs.

                                          4) Do not out people or otherwise use real-life personal info that is
                                          private without their consent. This will not be tolerated on the list
                                          and may well open you up to a real-life lawsuit.

                                          5) Have fun. If it's not fun, go away from the list for a while. When
                                          you miss us, come back.

                                          There simply is no reason whatsoever to get enraged by anything online
                                          - it can't hurt you unless you let it. Try to remember that this is
                                          just an adjunct to a fun life - not a substitute for one. :-)

                                          Yuricon's mission is to openly enjoy and celebrate all forms of yuri
                                          and shoujoai. If that's what you want to do - you're in the right
                                          place.

                                          Again, welcome to all our new members and a very sincere thank you to
                                          all the folks who have been here for a while. because of you, this is
                                          really one of the least suckiest groups on the Internet.

                                          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
                                          http://okazu.blogpsot.com