Re: ...

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 3:46 PM
      *Nodnod* Thanks, both of you. I'd say each helped equally, even
      though I'm just now starting to practice. Atleast I've got a chance
      now. ;)

      Rose

      I Don't Think Anyone Can Say It,
      Quite Like You Can.
      Say It Again.

      I'm A Perfect Devil
    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 3:56 PM
        I disagree with useing photos for referance, they are to flat. The best reference
        is real people. Try going to some place with alot of people, like a mall.
        Refence from real life not pictures. Trust me when i say this.
        > All in all I found it best to work from photos and referance and don't worry
        > to much about showing the lips touch, only concentrate on getting the mood
        > across.
        >
        > Well I wish you luck.
        >
        > jaa ne
        >
        > Kat
      • Renee
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1 8:13 PM
          You're welcome. I am glad I was atleast some help. I would like to see some of work sometime. ^_-

          Rose <UtenasRedRose@...> wrote:
          *Nodnod*  Thanks, both of you.  I'd say each helped equally, even
          though I'm just now starting to practice.  Atleast I've got a chance
          now.  ;)

                               Rose

                  I Don't Think Anyone Can Say It,
                        Quite Like You Can.
                           Say It Again.

                        I'm A Perfect Devil

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Rose
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1 10:52 PM
            > You're welcome. I am glad I was atleast some help. I would like to
            see some of work sometime. ^_-

            Only if you don't mind being temporarily blinded. As soon as I get
            the chance to scan some of it, I'll post some form or another of it.
            *Walks off complaining about the unintentional use of Miracle-Gro in
            a drawing*

            Rose

            I Don't Think Anyone Can Say It,
            Quite Like You Can.
            Say It Again.

            I'm A Perfect Devil
          • Kathryn Williams
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1 11:59 PM
              Johann is correct. If you don't know the skill of drawing a moving traget it
              is not good practice to try to learn that way (remembers being made to draw
              live birds.. ack) . Plus with photo's you can seach for the proper angel you
              are looking for and work from that.

              My Art teacher once told us that if you can't works from a photo first you
              shouldn't bother tyring to work from a model. Seeing as you are creating a
              2d image from a 3d source there should be no different from working with a
              model or a photo.

              Anyways, That is enough ymmering out of me.

              jaa ne

              Kat

              > People in public usually won't stay still long enough to be used for
              > reference.
              > It's not like they're modeling for an artist.
              > --
              > Johann Chua -- HP: http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
              > "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain? I'll
              > tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen Kunawicz
            • Renee
              Message 6 of 11 , May 2 5:55 AM
                Lmao! Well I see no such thing as bad art. Every piece has a potential of growth and developement. Besides, art is totally in the eye of the beholder, what some may think is good others may see as bad, there is no bad art. I can offer you hints and suggestion to help you achieve a certain style but I won't tell you how to draw. Every artist has thier own style and what they learn from others and I don't believe it's right when I encounter artists who say "you can only do things this way..." I have bursted alot of bubbles in the fanfic community over that same arguement. I do agree what the other person said too( her name on here escapes me at the moment, I just woke up,bear with me,lol), using live models is best, but use them when you feel you are ready. If you feel only comfrtable with a 2-d image model for now, use it as a stepping stone to graduate up. I am sure you will make an excellent artist one day with enough practice and motivation. Feel free to email me your art at any time, I love to see other styles. And if you have any questions, I will try to help int he best of my ability.

                Rose <UtenasRedRose@...> wrote:

                > You're welcome. I am glad I was atleast some help. I would like to
                see some of work sometime. ^_-

                Only if you don't mind being temporarily blinded.  As soon as I get
                the chance to scan some of it, I'll post some form or another of it.
                *Walks off complaining about the unintentional use of Miracle-Gro in
                a drawing*

                                     Rose

                        I Don't Think Anyone Can Say It,
                              Quite Like You Can.
                                 Say It Again.

                              I'm A Perfect Devil

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • Johann Chua
                Message 7 of 11 , May 2 6:56 AM

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2 1:02 PM
                    >Lmao! Well I see no such thing as bad art. Every piece has a
                    >potential of growth and developement. Besides, art is totally in the
                    >eye of the beholder, what some may think is good others may see as ?
                    >bad, there is no bad art. I can offer you hints and suggestion to
                    >help you achieve a certain style but I won't tell you how to draw.
                    >Every artist has thier own style and what they learn from others and
                    >I don't believe it's right when I encounter artists who say "you can
                    >only do things this way..." I have bursted alot of bubbles in the
                    >fanfic community over that same arguement. I do agree what the other
                    >person said too( her name on here escapes me at the moment, I just
                    >woke up,bear with me,lol), using live models is best, but use them
                    >when you feel you are ready. If you feel only comfrtable with a 2-d
                    >image model for now, use it as a stepping stone to graduate up. I am
                    >sure you will make an excellent artist one day with enough practice
                    >and motivation. Feel free to email me your art at any time, I love
                    >to see other styles. And if you have any questions, I will try to
                    >help int he best of my ability.

                    o.o; Again, thanks.