insideOUT showing Utena the Movie May 22nd

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
      The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing a
      theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that is the
      Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few words
      before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more Anime at this
      film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<

      www.insideout.on.ca

      jaa ne

      Kat
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
        >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

        >The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing a
        >theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that is the
        >Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few words
        >before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more Anime at
        >this
        >film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<

        Great! Good luck with that. :-)

      • cricharddavies
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...>
          wrote:
          > The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing
          > theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that
          is the
          > Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few
          words
          > before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more
          Anime at this
          > film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<

          ... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?

          Chris Davies.
        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
            > > The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing
            > > theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that
            > is the
            > > Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few
            > words
            > > before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more
            > Anime at this
            > > film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<
            >
            > ... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?

            Utena and Anthy may not have a hot red pickup but both couples do end up riding off into the sunset at the end, kissing ;)

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
              >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@...>

              >... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?

              You call Utena a piece of crap, but you liked *Bound?* O_o

              Boyo, are you a twisted piece of wire. LOL

              And despite your condemnation, many of us prefer to remain unenlughtened and
              enjoy the Utena movie. LOL (A truckload more than I liked Bound, that's for
              sure.)

            • pbarkow@hfx.eastlink.ca
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                On 30 Apr 2003 at 9:19, Erica Friedman wrote:

                > >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@...>
                >
                > >... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?
                >
                > You call Utena a piece of crap, but you liked *Bound?* O_o
                >
                > Boyo, are you a twisted piece of wire. LOL

                I enjoyed both myself. *shrugs*
              • Shannon J. L.
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                  Waves. Good luck with the speech! Utena... sighs happily...

                  wrote:
                  > The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing
                  > theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that
                  is the
                  > Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few
                  words
                  > before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more Anime
                  at this
                  > film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<
                  >
                  > www.insideout.on.ca
                  >
                  > jaa ne
                  >
                  > Kat
                • cricharddavies
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003

                    > >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                    >
                    > >... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?
                    >
                    > You call Utena a piece of crap, but you liked *Bound?* O_o
                    >
                    > Boyo, are you a twisted piece of wire. LOL

                    Yes to all three points, and you were well aware of all three points.

                    Chris Davies.
                  • Shannon Stricof
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                      Having seen neither, I'll take the middle ground and stick to Miyuki-chan, it was a mind job but still, I love it.
                      -Shannon

                      pbarkow@... wrote:
                      On 30 Apr 2003 at 9:19, Erica Friedman wrote:

                      > >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@...>
                      >
                      > >... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?
                      >
                      > You call Utena a piece of crap, but you liked *Bound?* O_o
                      >
                      > Boyo, are you a twisted piece of wire. LOL

                      I enjoyed both myself. *shrugs*

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • Shannon Stricof
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                        Wait, wasn't the first point your point Chris???? Wouldn't that make it only two points for you to agree with and Erica to already know?
                        -Shannon

                        cricharddavies <cricharddavies@...> wrote:

                        > >From: "cricharddavies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                        >
                        > >... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?
                        >
                        > You call Utena a piece of crap, but you liked *Bound?* O_o
                        >
                        > Boyo, are you a twisted piece of wire. LOL

                        Yes to all three points, and you were well aware of all three points.

                        Chris Davies.

                        Do you Yahoo!?

                      • awill
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                          cricharddavies wrote:

                          > ... how will watching that piece of crap support Violet and Corky?
                          >
                          > Chris Davies.

                          Ummm... go buy all of your straight friends and aging
                          mother (who has no clue that you are gay) copies of
                          'Bound' for Christmas after watching the theatrical
                          version of 'Utena'? O.o'

                          Byakko
                        • the_judy_justice
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                            wrote:
                            > The Toronto Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival will be showing
                            > theatrical version of Utena (as in not from DVD) on May 22nd (that
                            is the
                            > Thursday after Anime North) they have also asked me to say a few
                            words
                            > before the showing. If things go well there will likly be more
                            Anime at this
                            > film festival so come down and support our fav Lesbians >^_^<
                            >
                            > www.insideout.on.ca
                            >
                            > jaa ne
                            >
                            > Kat

                            Speaking of Utena, the movie, I'd like to tell you all and especially
                            the very very few french speakers from the Old Continent that
                            populate this group that:

                            Adolescence Mokushiroku will be shown at the Arenberg-Galeries
                            theater in Bruxelles.
                            This will be on June 5 2003.
                            Also, before the movie begins, there will be a *awesome* event there.

                            For the ones that are being curious about it, go check my website.

                            www.users.skynet.be/the_ju_ko_project/

                            -Judy
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 5, 2003
                              >From: "the_judy_justice" <the_judy_justice@...>

                              >Speaking of Utena, the movie, I'd like to tell you all and especially
                              >the very very few french speakers from the Old Continent that
                              >populate this group that:
                              >
                              >Adolescence Mokushiroku will be shown at the Arenberg-Galeries
                              >theater in Bruxelles.
                              >This will be on June 5 2003.
                              >Also, before the movie begins, there will be a *awesome* event there.
                              >
                              >For the ones that are being curious about it, go check my website.
                              >
                              >www.users.skynet.be/the_ju_ko_project/

                              Wow!!! I just checked your site (I haven't been home for long enough until
                              today) and wow!! Congratulations! an exposition of art. I am so impressed.

                              I added this event to our calendar of events. I wish I could come and see
                              it, but I think I need to be here that week. :-)

                              Best wishes on that *awesome* event!