Re: According to the AnimeonDVD forums...

  • shenotski
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7 1:09 PM
      Give me enough time and i'll make something that will blow that wave
      away. All i need is a few million dollars anda few moths to write a
      scipt. Then i can hire the shit load of animators it would take to
      output a high quality OAV and kick the direct to video markets ass.
      Hey if Disney can get away with making bastard sequils then whats a
      really good direct to video animation going to do.

      Don't mind me just reveling in my body eating itself since i bought
      to much anime and now have no money. Ahh, 3 days and i'll be able to
      eat again.
      > In related news, at my local county library today, I saw Chobits
      and Ranma
      > translated volumes on the New Books shelves - I'd never before seen
      American
      > Comics graphic novels or tradepapers at the library before
      (particularly not
      > that one, which functions more as a reference library and business
      center
      > than a local library.) So I'm afraid, my friends that we've hit
      mainstream
      > and we'll all be pulled along in an ever-growing tide that will
      quickly
      > leave us behind.
    • Psududu FISH
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8 8:17 PM
        The re-released Rose of Versailles??? *eyes go wide* I'd love to pick it up
        at Kinokunia, do you know who's putting it out?? ^^ I'd be ever so grateful!

        Do we have many dealers coming to Yuri-con this year?? ^^

        ~Sabashii

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8 8:32 PM
          Sakura-con!!! YAY! ^__^ Though there should have been a
          yuri/shoujoai/yaoi/shonenai panel. -_-

          ~Sabashii

        • mllelaurel@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9 8:35 AM
            >>I saw Chobits and Ranma
            translated volumes on the New Books shelves - I'd never before seen American
            Comics graphic novels or tradepapers at the library before>>

            I'm actually pretty lucky, where anime and manga are concerned. If any of you ever move to Boston, and need an anime/manga fix, but don't have money to burn, check out the Watertown Public Library. They've been really good about getting all the newest stuff, too. All I had to do was suggest it, and push them gently in the right direction. My wallet no longer screams bloody murder daily. :) The moral of this story? Talk to your reference librarians and make requests! They usually listen, especially now that anime and manga are becoming more visible, rather than just being 'cult classics', or whatnot.

            - Laurel