Re: [Yuricon] According to the AnimeonDVD forums...

  • Ryogachan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2003
      In a message dated 4/5/2003 5:15:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, alecto_fury@... writes:

      I saw Chobits and Ranma
      translated volumes on the New Books shelves - I'd never before seen American
      Comics graphic novels or tradepapers at the library before

         They've had Ranma, Ah My Goddess, and several others at my local library for over a year. They also have the Vamp Princess Miyu OVA's on tape.

      * ~ Kes ^.~*

      ---------------

      the first word that came was "dream"... it came to me while I lay sleeping... and the darkness deep inside of my heart... was gently driven away
    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
        Give me enough time and i'll make something that will blow that wave
        away. All i need is a few million dollars anda few moths to write a
        scipt. Then i can hire the shit load of animators it would take to
        output a high quality OAV and kick the direct to video markets ass.
        Hey if Disney can get away with making bastard sequils then whats a
        really good direct to video animation going to do.

        Don't mind me just reveling in my body eating itself since i bought
        to much anime and now have no money. Ahh, 3 days and i'll be able to
        eat again.
        > In related news, at my local county library today, I saw Chobits
        and Ranma
        > translated volumes on the New Books shelves - I'd never before seen
        American
        > Comics graphic novels or tradepapers at the library before
        (particularly not
        > that one, which functions more as a reference library and business
        center
        > than a local library.) So I'm afraid, my friends that we've hit
        mainstream
        > and we'll all be pulled along in an ever-growing tide that will
        quickly
        > leave us behind.
      • Psududu FISH
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2003
          The re-released Rose of Versailles??? *eyes go wide* I'd love to pick it up
          at Kinokunia, do you know who's putting it out?? ^^ I'd be ever so grateful!

          Do we have many dealers coming to Yuri-con this year?? ^^

          ~Sabashii

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2003
            Sakura-con!!! YAY! ^__^ Though there should have been a
            yuri/shoujoai/yaoi/shonenai panel. -_-

            ~Sabashii

          • mllelaurel@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2003
              >>I saw Chobits and Ranma
              translated volumes on the New Books shelves - I'd never before seen American
              Comics graphic novels or tradepapers at the library before>>

              I'm actually pretty lucky, where anime and manga are concerned. If any of you ever move to Boston, and need an anime/manga fix, but don't have money to burn, check out the Watertown Public Library. They've been really good about getting all the newest stuff, too. All I had to do was suggest it, and push them gently in the right direction. My wallet no longer screams bloody murder daily. :) The moral of this story? Talk to your reference librarians and make requests! They usually listen, especially now that anime and manga are becoming more visible, rather than just being 'cult classics', or whatnot.

              - Laurel