Haibane Renmei licensed by Pioneer

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
      All I can say is that this is a Very Good Thing.

      Folks, save up your little burger-flipping dollars and buy this series when
      it's released on DVD. *Don't* make digital rips and spread 'em around...just
      fork out the cash and have big parties with people you like where you
      FINALLY convince them that anime is not entirely trash, because this series
      is in no way crap.

      I want everybody to buy this series, to let the anime distros in this
      country know that real art, real stories and real characters *will* sell.

      Unless you are a Neanderthal, or one of those people who constantly whines,
      "What's going on? I don't understand!" at movie theaters at the top of your
      lungs, you will like this series. If you are one of the above, or genuinely
      believe that yuri is about sex, then don't bother. :-)

      For the record, this is the ONLY series I have ever actively recommended to
      other people this vehemently. I mean, I think anyone who hasn't see One
      Piece is missing a wonderful thing, but if you want to live a life bereft of
      the joy of rubber pirates and sexy thieves and wonderful writing, that's
      you're choice. :-) *Don't* miss Haibane Renmei. That's an order. :-)

    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
        > writing, that's
        > you're choice. :-) *Don't* miss Haibane Renmei. That's an
        > order. :-)

        Yeah, it's got the "Erica balls like a baby" seal of approval ;p

        Kun
        ----'-,-{@
      • Eltink, Royi
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
          > I want everybody to buy this series, to let the anime distros in this
          > country know that real art, real stories and real characters
          > *will* sell.

          Woohoo

          *does a little Steve-Ballmer lookalike dance*

          My favourite anime! (I even cried while watching this beauty)

          Awh man, I must buy this one.. *looks in wallet* urgh, I bought too many dvds this month (in one of my less clear moments I bought all the IMMSE dvds -_-;), maybe is this an nice opportunity to quite smoking. ;D

          Ro'
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
            Consider my "really should put in my retirement fund" money already spent.
            I so need to win the lottery. . . . Ah well, at least I will plenty of
            things to keep me entertained when I'm old and poor.

            And for record, your recommendations guarantee that I will like a series.

            --= =--
            Chalcahuite

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
              >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

              >And for record, your recommendations guarantee that I will like a series.

              Thank you - that's a huge compliment. One of the reasons I rarely make
              strong recommendations for other people (although I frequently regale people
              with tales of how much I like things for myself) is because I know how awful
              it is when someone recommends something and you loathe it - which is
              99.999999% of the time with me. :-)

            • Rose
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
                >One of the reasons I rarely make
                > strong recommendations for other people (although I frequently
                regale people
                > with tales of how much I like things for myself) is because I know
                how awful
                > it is when someone recommends something and you loathe it - which
                is
                > 99.999999% of the time with me. :-)

                I highly doubt it. Then again, we can always let you think that. ;)

                Rose

                I Don't Think Anyone Can Say It,
                Quite Like You Can.
                Say It Again.

                I'm A Perfect Devil
              • Ryogachan@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2003
                  In a message dated 4/2/2003 10:28:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, alecto_fury@... writes:

                  *Don't* miss Haibane Renmei. That's an order. :-)

                     *salutes* Hail Erica =D Haibane Renmei shall be bought by the masses of Seattle as far as I can persuade them.

                  *does a dance cuz Sakuracon is tommorow!*

                  the first word that came was "dream"... it came to me while I lay sleeping... and the darkness deep inside of my heart... was gently driven away