Wooho!!! Hana no Asuka-gumi 2003!!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2003
      I am so excited I've just been dancing around the house like a complete
      moron. :-)

      My absolutely favorite manga series ever Hana no Asuka-gumi (which I've
      ranted about several times here, I'm sure you remember) is being redone for
      2003. The first issue was released two days ago. I'm absolutely having
      palpitations, I'm so excited. LOL

      Let me recap just *why* this is such good news...thei sereis is the BEST
      tragic shoujoai/yuri relationship I've ever seen. I know that doesn't sound
      like much, but trust me - this series kicks ass in every diurection -
      literally, since it's about girl gangs. The character designs for Asuka,
      Miko, Hime and the rest are prettyy much the same as the original, but Yohko
      looks different (thank god, her hair was terrible!) and it looks great!!

      Here's a Flash animation of some of the art:
      http://www.gomenne.jp/Flash_kanseihin/asuka2.swf

      Unfortunately it can't really relay the intensity, the connection the sheer
      sexiness of the relationship between Asuka and Yohko...or Asuka and
      Hibari...or Asuka and all the cute girls she rescues.

      But trust me - this series is SO worth getting. If the new one is 1/2 as
      good as I expect (please, gods, it's been twenty years since the
      original...let Yohko and Asuka have a "moment") it'll be great!

      Cheers,

      Erica (who is literally panting with expectation)

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2003
        I often hate statements like that since if you put enough limetations on what
        can be the best your left with just one thing. This is what happens when you
        discourage Lurking as i have no other thoughs which i even feal are relevent
        (I also have finals).
        On another note my faverate artest Momus has a new CD out that i just go.
        i'll leave you all with a quote from it.
        "I've said it once before, I'll say it once again:

        Who controls the sperm of men
        Controls the world"

      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2003
          > I am so excited I've just been dancing around the house like a complete
          > moron. :-)

          But that's a common occurence with you ;p

          > My absolutely favorite manga series ever Hana no Asuka-gumi (which I've
          > ranted about several times here, I'm sure you remember) is being redone for
          > 2003. The first issue was released two days ago. I'm absolutely having
          > palpitations, I'm so excited. LOL

          And you don't have it yet? Is it coming out in tanks or being released in a compilation book? Perhaps, if we're really lucky it'll come to the states now that it's going to be a current manga =^.^=

          Kun