anyone speak French?

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18, 2003
      I just got an email from someone in France who wants to help translate "A
      Shadowlander's Dream" and all my other works into French. This sounds great
      and all but I don't know a word of french so don't even know if his
      translations are close to my original script. Would anyone here be willing
      to look over the scripts to see if they are correct. I don't know the person
      so want a second or third opinion before commiting to this.

      Thanks ahead of time.

      jaa ne

      Kat
    • Alessandra Picchetti
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 18, 2003
        I can give it a shot, though I'm sure there are other people more qualified
        for the job. However, I am on Reading Week with nothing better to do ;)

        -Alex

      • the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@yahoo
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...>
          wrote:
          > I just got an email from someone in France who wants to help
          translate "A
          > Shadowlander's Dream" and all my other works into French. This
          sounds great
          > and all but I don't know a word of french so don't even know if his
          > translations are close to my original script. Would anyone here be
          willing
          > to look over the scripts to see if they are correct. I don't know
          the person
          > so want a second or third opinion before commiting to this.
          >
          > Thanks ahead of time.
          >
          > jaa ne
          >
          > Kat

          If you have a printable version of both scripts (French and english),
          I'll read them.

          -Judy
        • Kitty
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
            HI!

            I finally came back to my mailbox! Thanks to you all who
            replied to my mail 'Europe'. I'll reply soon to you!
            In the meantime, yes, I do speak French; it is kind of my
            monther tongue... So, if I can be of any help... BUT : I
            have a big workload actually, so I don't know how fast I
            will be able to do it...

            You keep me informed?

            A Flemish Belgian living in Luxemburg....

            --- Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> a écrit : >
            I just got an email from someone in France who wants to
            > help translate "A
            > Shadowlander's Dream" and all my other works into French.
            > This sounds great
            > and all but I don't know a word of french so don't even
            > know if his
            > translations are close to my original script. Would
            > anyone here be willing
            > to look over the scripts to see if they are correct. I
            > don't know the person
            > so want a second or third opinion before commiting to
            > this.
            >
            > Thanks ahead of time.
            >
            > jaa ne
            >
            > Kat

          • Eltink, Royi
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
              Sure, I speak French..

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                wrote:
                > I just got an email from someone in France who wants to help
                translate "A
                > Shadowlander's Dream" and all my other works into French. This
                sounds great
                > and all but I don't know a word of french so don't even know if his
                > translations are close to my original script. Would anyone here be
                willing
                > to look over the scripts to see if they are correct. I don't know
                the person
                > so want a second or third opinion before commiting to this.
                >
                > Thanks ahead of time.
                >
                > jaa ne
                >
                > Kat

                Humm... seems like my message didn't went through...

                If you have a printable copy of both scripts (french and english),
                I'll read them.

                -Judy
              • Eltink, Royi
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                  > Hey Royi....
                  >
                  > jij spreekt ook Nederlands, or am I wrong?
                  >
                  > Kitty

                  Oh, jazekers :) in at least 3 dialects.

                  And I also speak french, german, polish.
                  And little arabic, yiddish, malay, japanese, and more languages I currently forgot since it is very early in the moring, and I am not fully awake yet... ;)

                  Ro'
                • Kitty
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                    Hey Royi....

                    jij spreekt ook Nederlands, or am I wrong?

                    Kitty

                    Sure, I speak French..

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Kitty <Kvermeire@y...> wrote:

                      Hello Kitty,

                      (It *is* easy, I agree.)

                      > A Flemish Belgian living in Luxemburg....

                      I'm in Liège. You may be the closest person on this list. In
                      location, that's it. ^_^

                      Hello all,

                      Here's *very* good news for all french speakers of this list who live
                      on the old continent...

                      Manga Distribution is doing it again. A complete serie in a neat five
                      DVD box.

                      And the série is *X*

                      I'm just *so* happy. ^_^

                      And as you know, their complete series in boxes are so very cheap...

                      Which makes it even greater.

                      Go check the website:

                      http://www.manga-distribution.fr/index.php

                      Don't miss *Fruits Basket* ^_^

                      And since the world seems kind today, I'll take this opportunity to
                      ask if it could be any possible that there was any Belgian drawer on
                      this list.
                      I'm looking for a good team to start a fanzine and other manga
                      publications.

                      -Judy
                    • Kitty
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                        Salut Judy!

                        Enfin quelqu'un de ce côté-ci de la planète!
                        Je commençais à désespérer à vrai dire...
                        Oui, comme tu sais, rien n'est simple en Belgique... Je
                        suis née à Bruxelles, ai fait mes études en Flandre, suis
                        revenue sur Bruxelles et depuis 4 ans je vis à
                        Luxembourg...

                        Ce serait sympa si tu pouvais me donner quelques tuyaux
                        pour de bons mangas en FR...et... comment fais-tu pour te
                        les procurer?

                        Bonne journée!

                        --- "the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@...>"
                        <the_judy_justice@...> a écrit : > --- In
                        Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Kitty <Kvermeire@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > Hello Kitty,
                        >

                        > (It *is* easy, I agree.)
                        >

                        > > A Flemish Belgian living in Luxemburg....
                        > >

                        > I'm in Liège. You may be the closest person on this list.
                        > In
                        > location, that's it. ^_^
                        >

                        > Hello all,
                        >

                        > Here's *very* good news for all french speakers of this
                        > list who live
                        > on the old continent...
                        >
                        > Manga Distribution is doing it again. A complete serie in
                        > a neat five
                        > DVD box.
                        >
                        > And the série is *X*
                        >
                        > I'm just *so* happy. ^_^
                        >
                        > And as you know, their complete series in boxes are so
                        > very cheap...
                        >
                        > Which makes it even greater.
                        >
                        > Go check the website:
                        >
                        > http://www.manga-distribution.fr/index.php
                        >
                        > Don't miss *Fruits Basket* ^_^
                        >
                        > And since the world seems kind today, I'll take this
                        > opportunity to
                        > ask if it could be any possible that there was any
                        > Belgian drawer on
                        > this list.
                        > I'm looking for a good team to start a fanzine and other
                        > manga
                        > publications.
                        >

                        > -Judy

                      • Tim BonuraII
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 19, 2003
                          --- "Eltink, Royi" <r.eltink@...> wrote:

                          > > Hey Royi....
                          > >
                          > > jij spreekt ook Nederlands, or am I wrong?
                          > >
                          > > Kitty
                          >
                          > Oh, jazekers :) in at least 3 dialects.
                          >
                          > And I also speak french, german, polish.
                          > And little arabic, yiddish, malay, japanese, and
                          > more languages I currently forgot since it is very
                          > early in the moring, and I am not fully awake yet...
                          > ;)
                          >

                          > Ro'

                          Now, I am very jealous I still have big problems
                          speaking English( first language)

                          =====
                          Sincer,

                          Tim II- Challenger