9763Re: [Yuricon] Re: [YCML] More shounen (sexist?) yuri

    Feb 1, 2003
      >From: "cricharddavies <cricharddavies@...>"
      >
      >And there are those who *could* claim that a lot of yuri is
      >the "masculinization" of female/female relationships, or even of
      >female behaviour -- I recall one lesbian mystery I read where the
      >detective got rather irritated that everyone expected her to be
      >thinking with her ... well, anyway.

      I completely agree - Pattie and I were discussing this last night. In much
      yuri two (or more) women meet, and have sex. There's no context, no getting
      to know one another, no anything except sex.

      A gay male friend of mine said that that was basically how he met new
      boyfriends. He'd see someone he found attractive, have sex with them, and
      if, afterwards, he liked the guy, they'd start dating.

      So in that respect, yuri is a "masculine" approach to lesbian relationships.