8817RE: [Yuricon] OT: Halloween
- Nov 1, 2002
Fine, here theres always room for another celebration
"Eltink, Royi" <r.eltink@...> wrote:
> What?!?!?! There's always room for another celebration!!!!!!!!
Hmm, nah, a small list iirc:
- Three Kings, kiddos wandering streets.
- Carnaval (south), 5 days of beer-drinking.
- Queen's Birthday, more drinking.
- Day of Labour, demonstrations, but normal people have a hangover from Queen's Birthday.
- Liberation Day #1, drinking and celebrating end of WW2.
- Dykes and Faggots Day (only my city), music, movies, drinking and smoking pot.
- Local-Militia-Party (south), marches and a shootingcontest followed by beer.
- Cargo Sailing Contest (north), good opportunity to drink "schippersbitter" wich is a spicy liquor.
- Antillian Carnaval (west), like Brazillian carnaval, but more beer.
- Liberation Day #2, eating ricetable, drinking Lychee-wine, and celebrating end of WW2.
- Hindustan Newyear (west), dance in the streets, drink beer and smoke pot.
- Liberation of the Slaves (west), good opportunity to drink Surinam beer and smoke pot.
- 'Sinterklaas', eat candy and drink hot chocolate with liquor.
- St. Martin, kiddos wandering streets.
- Christmas, drink warm wine.
- 2nd Christmas day, drink warm wine _and_ smoke pot.
- Newyear, drink champagne and play with fireworks.
And since our country is so small (you cant drive 200 miles without crossing a border), people travel to enjoy parties everywhere..
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>