29943Re: What are we watching? Summer 2013 Edition

    Jul 27, 2013
      "Fujoshi" (or fujyoshi) are female otaku who like to watch anime with unrealistic pretty boy...like Free! or Saiyuki. ^_^ I have a bunch of such terms gathered together on my Okazu Glossary: http://okazu.yuricon.com/glossary/ TV Tropes also has a nice list: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimeFanSpeak

      But fan language changes all the time, so when you run into a word you don't know searching online for it can turn up some interesting stuff, since it might be newish...or oldish. ^_^

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

      > What's "furjoshi" bait? This summer I'm watching my way through "Saiyuki." Zero yuri but classic series.
      >
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Not much in terms of yuri this season, unfortunately. Perhaps Rozen Maiden will deliver eventually? Still a pretty good season overall.
      > >
      > > Genshiken Nidaime is pretty awesome, actually. It is a slice of life set in a weird club, but things they do isn't supposed to be moe, it what actually happens in the anime/manga clubs. For the most part, familiarity with the original series isn't needed, as most of the cast and main characters in particular are new. And it features a wholesome crossdresser who isn't doing it because someone forced it onto him/her.
      > >
      > > Silver Spoon. It is by the person who made FMA, so I had high hopes for it and it doesn't disappoint so far. As someone who has always been a city person, I can only sympathize with the main character about being forced to be engaged in a country setting.
      > >
      > > And Free is a fujoshi bait, but it is a fun fujoshi bait that doesn't take itself too seriously. There isn't that much pain-angst-woeing that the genre is so commonly fond of. And the ability of the main character to begin stripping even at a mention of water is quite legendary already. Plus the art is very pretty, and that ending.
      > >
      > > Everything is from Crunchyroll. They are this close to actually simulcasting every single show that is coming out right now.
      > >
      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all! It's summer, and I'm a typical geek. When the weather gets too sunny and bright, I hunker down on the sofa and watch anime. ^_^ With so much available streaming legally and on DVD, I don't feel like I miss much these days. Here's what I'm watching:
      > > >
      > > > Rose of Versailles - from Nozomi/RightStuf
      > > >
      > > > I'd forgotten how hard a watch this series is. I can only take an episode or two at a time. Oscar and Rosalie, swoon.
      > > > French Revolution felt wholly unreal to me the first time I watched, but it's hitting closer to home this time - way too many feels.
      > > >
      > > > Serial Experiments Lain - from Funimation
      > > >
      > > > Really? Wow, I remember this when. Now The Wired seems like my every day. Lain's modifications on her computer are goofy (giant hanging hoses?) and it's creepier than I remembered. Good stuff.
      > > >
      > > > Dangan Ronpa - from Funimation
      > > >
      > > > I don't know what to say about this. It's a horror/gore game turned into an anime with some really lazy/smart visuals and Ogata Megumi as the nebbishy hero. I don't care what happens, I'm watching hoping she'll scream. ^_^
      > > >
      > > > So - what are you watching right now?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic