29551RE: [Yuricon] Re: Is 2012 a Good Year for Yuri?

    Jul 18, 2012
      We don't really track what years are good for BL, since that's not really on-topic here.

      You're making a lot of what was merely a notation about a trend over the past 10 years. It's not a rule, or even a guideline, just something that happened from 2003-2011.

      Cheers,Erica

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lynmarenjensen@...
      > Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:49:30 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Is 2012 a Good Year for Yuri?
      >
      > I have the same response for you and Delicious Vodka DeBlair:
      >
      > If it's the odd-numbered years that are good for yuri, and the even-numbered years for yaoi, then I guess we need to look at what's happened ins 2012 that's good for yaoi: although VIZ launched its new yaoi line SbBLime in Dec. most of its activity has been in 2012 w/ both print and e-versions. DMP continues its high level of yaoi activity, Yen's "Black Butler" is a mainstream hit, and Media Blasters may also have some fresh activity before the year's out.
      >
      > Erica already summed up in an earlier post the good things that have happened in yuri this year. So if this year has been a good year for yuri so far, and odd-numbered years are best for yuri, then 2013 must be going to be splendid!
      >
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "EricaF" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well, I got it right about this year being an even year, meaning good for yuri. Maybe I ought to mark my calender: 2013, look for more yaoi, 2014, look for more yuri.
      > >
      > > Not that this is important, but it's been odd-numbered year that have been good for Yuri since 2003. It's just that this year happens to be even-numbered, which I take to mean that all years from now on will be good for Yuri. ^_^
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Erica

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional