29537Re: Recommendations of indie/obscure/unknown comics you want people to know about

  • mara_papimer
    Jul 6, 2012
      When I only had about one or two comics to bring up I could generally suppress the thought of 'well those are the inappropriate ones' but now that I have found three two with definite yuri and one with yuri subtext I must ask what are the regulations for posting links to comics that are definitely Not Safe For Work?

      I know I at least have linked to some over 18 stuff in this list but I must make sure so no-one gets offended or caught off guard or anything considering the subject matter of... I'm gonna say two of them.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

      > ALSO.
      >
      > Steel Fist Riku by Jyutaroh Nishino
      >
      > Released in English by the now long shut down CMX imprint this is a not all that serious martial arts comedy about Riku who has the unusual ability to turn her arm as hard as steel.
      >
      > Worth finding if you can as it is only 3 volumes long and is genuinely funny in places.
      >
      > My main reason for bringing this series up is the protagonist Riku is a wonderful example of a main character for this genre. Mostly playing the strait man but never in a way that is a downer or that saps the energy of a scene and possesses genuine charisma that is works both in and out of the story.
      >
      > Also as part of a story in volume two she wears a suit very well.^^
      >
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Firstly Fruit Machine:
      > >
      > > http://fruitmachine.smackjeeves.com/comics/1133462/fruit-machine-coming-04-04-2011/
      > >
      > > High in drama, high in screen tone this is a nice version of a 'love at first sight' story done with a protagonist who is actually narcissistic enough to fall in love strait away convincingly. Also available in Print.
      > >
      > > Mephistos:
      > >
      > > http://www.etsy.com/shop/naniiebim
      > >
      > > Or really anything by naniiebim, I saw these in a shop bought the first one and then was immediately hooked. Although the story itself is simple it is told without any hand holding and with a marvelous sense of pace that holds and releases tension very well. Is also gorgeous which is not bad either.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic