29480Re: Where can I buy this anime....?

    Jun 14, 2012
      My pleasure.

      A really great resource for this kind of thing is Animenewsnetwork.com They have a very comprehensive anime and manga encyclopedia that lists companies that have licensed the anime or manga, any news about it, the casts in whatever languages.

      For instance, Candy Boy's entry is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9001

      You can see that it was originally released Online (ONA) and then had DVDs. Under the credits you'll see lists of the Japanese cast, crew and staff, which indicates that it was released in Japan. If there was a licensed release in another language, someone is likely to update that with the cast, crew and staff of the licensing company.

      It's a great, quick way to learn about the anime and manga you like and where it is legally available. ^-^

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tamara Banta <tebanta@...> wrote:
      > Ah, good to know. Guess I'm fairly uneducated about what's legit "out
      > there." I definitely don't download anything, but now I know that if
      > something isn't available to buy anywhere, it's probably good to avoid it
      > online.
      > Thanks for the good info for the newbie. : P
      > Tamara
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic