29308Re: Black Rock Shooter Finale - What did you think?

    Mar 26, 2012
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Katherine Hanson <smithie_28@...> wrote:

      > Wasn't bad, but didn't impress me either. It entertained me for about 25 minutes a week for 8 weeks, but ultimately didn't leave much of an impression for better or worse.

      I felt the same - it took a sharp turn away from the plot as it had developed just towards the end there, and ceased to be about what it was about. Instead, a rather tedious moralistic viewpoint was substituted for the actual plot. The one twist was good, but it sidetracked the story and it ended...ineffectively...I guess is the word I'm looking for.

      So, not bad, but ultimately less creative and bold than it could or should have been. For an anime with a similar background set-up I thought Madoka was superior.

      I have to say I'm really getting tired of anime that uses the victimization of young people as a driver for the plot, without *ever* considering blaming the adults who victimize them in the first place. UGH. Much like "Harry Potter," "Matilda," or "James and Giant Peach," neglect and abuse are portrayed as y'know, the thing that makes the protagonist want to escape, but never as an actual crime.