29148RE: [Yuricon] Re: Fate/Zero

    Dec 1, 2011
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
      > Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:23:34 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Fate/Zero
      >
      > I am incredibly biased towards type-moon work so I was definitely going to watch this.
      >
      > Irisviel is a wonderful achievement of characterization when you consider she was made entirely to prevent plot holes. However any yuri I may be reading is probably due to the power of the indescribably amazing suit Saber is wearing.

      You took the words right out of my mouth. ^_^ It's pretty apparent that that relationship was loaded up for us, with Saber wearing the suit, Irisviel in her white Russian princess outfit and the whole conversation about being a knight. (The fact that Arthur lived several hundred years before Eleanor of Aquitaine created what we think of as Chivalry notwithstanding.)