29117Re: What's the big deal about Sailor Moon?

    Nov 8 11:50 AM
      Many people still like Sailor Moon. I am one person, my wife is another. All the many people who have bought and enjoyed the new manga are also interested.

      I was just looking at the website for a doujinshi circle called Studio Canopus. She has been drawing and writing Haruka and Michiru doujinshi since the show was on Japanese TV in the 1990s...and she is still drawing and writing about them.

      For many people, the series has some of the most charming characters ever created. I know I will forever consider Haruka and Michiru the Queens of Yuri. I'm not alone in this. Yuricon would not exist if Sailor Moon hadn't existed.

      It's fine if you left it behind, of course, but there are many people for whom it still holds an important place in our hearts. ^_^

      > I have to ask about one thing - who is interesting in SM or DB now? I mean,
      > these were shows for teens - and many of us (if not all) were watching them
      > when we were teens. So, if they're kinda popular now, it's because kids are
      > watching them? Or rather old fans like us are? This is key point here, I
      > think.
      > Sailor Moon is an oldschool now - it's rather obvious. Is it still a story
      > that can catch a hearts of today's kids?
      > cheers
      > Grisznak
      >
      > 2011/11/5 Rei Shaw <rei.shaw@...>
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Also I know I've mentioned it before but to me the closest comparsion
      > > anything can have to Sailor Moon is Sakura Taisen.
      > >
      > > -The cast is killed off and revived
      > > -It features the three imperial treasures of Japan in the form of the
      > > Majinki (they were the talismans in Sailor Moon)
      > > -They have to fight through a group of four/five generals to get at the
      > > big bad in each "season". (usually half a video game).
      > > -There is tremendous Lesbian subtext
      > > -It features a team of women with archetyple personalities and elemental
      > > powers.
      > > -And there are scenes where the characters pool all their powers into the
      > > main guy.
      > > -And Tomizawa Michie voices the flame elemental/diva character
      > >
      > > It's Sailor Moon for guys. It's Sailor Moon where you play as Tuxedo Mask
      > > and get to choose who to romance.
      > >
      > > Oh and thanks to the manga there is actual canon Yuri in the franchise
      > > too... cause Tsubaki has fantasies about Maria... oh don't you just love
      > > Kagekidan theatre?

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic