29070Re: don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story

  • shenotski
    Sep 13, 2011
      If your going to play a VN id suggest Snatcher especially if you can play the Sega CD version. It's an actual Detective Story that doesn't have dead ends, you aren't just pushing forwards a bunch of times to wait for some arbitrary decision point that'll screw you over.

      It's also written by Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear Fame. It has a few shooting sequences even.

      No Yuri in it but it's genuinely a fun game.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WchBwgEEZ9s

      > No worries about sounding pompous, I don't disagree with you - although I have yet to encounter a VN I consider anything other than a boring story, though. They are, IMHO, a mix of the worst qualities of games and books - with the result that 10 pages of poorly contrived fiction takes 45 minutes to drag through. I know many people like them, but nothing I've seen approach anything like the depth of a well-written story. Too many panels of exposition and blinking.
      >
      > I haven't received an email on this game from you, so perhaps it just disappeared. ^_^ Feel free to resend your review anytime!

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry to sound pompous but Katahana is just a boring VN. What makes a good VN is the same set of things that makes a good regular novel. Everything else (pictures, sound, music) is just dressing to enhance the writing. Without a good piece of writing underneath all of that you are just being forced to endure a bad book while some psychopath plays a mix CD at you.
      > >
      > > On the subject of a guest review I believe I did send in a possible guest review of this. However I employ Erica not to use the final draft I sent in as it is clumsy and dull upon my later re-reading.
      > >
      > > If that entry managed to pass Erica buy without notice then if I could please request permission to send in a guest review of 'don't take it personally' that does not suck?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic