28677Re: Is Borders discontinuing manga?

    Jan 28, 2011
      Tokyopop has once again returned to Diamond for distribution.

      Diamond is no longer sending books to Borders, because the chain has been delaying or defaulting on payment to distributors.

      Therefore companies that use Diamond as a distributor are not sending books to Borders. That includes Tokyopop.

      Companies like Vertical and Yen have other distributors that may or may not be shipping to Borders.

      All of the manga companies have other methods by which you can purchase their books. Comic shops still get Previews and you can place your orders from Diamond that way. Companies have online shops, there's Amazon and RightStuf if you prefer to shop across companies and there are other bookstores that can place orders for you.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Physics Cam <physicscam@...> wrote:

      > From what I heard from a comic shop owner (in Ann Arbor, MI), Toykopop is no longer selling to Border's.  This is supported by this piece....  http://comicsworthreading.com/2008/06/14/how-mighty-publishers-have-fallen-more-on-tokyopop/
      > Of course, being in Ann Arbor, there are all sorts of rumours flying about Border's since Jim Cramer gave his views on the chain....<shrug>

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic