28137Re: [Yuricon] The Yuri Gap

  • Richard Beaubien
    Apr 1, 2010
      I've noticed that a fair bit of romance manga (well the stuff that's been done in English), both Shonen and Shoujo, tend to focus on people falling in lover for the most part as well. I'm guessing it's easier to write these types of stories and it's a proven market for the publishers. That and you can make falling in love appear more exciting easily and that probably plays into the escapism part of the manga market. Yuri manga is probably stuck there as most main stream manga is stuck in that market anyway. Well, for what I've read in English that is.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic