27922Yuricon mini-Excursion - January 16, 2010, New York City

    Jan 4, 2010
      Hi all -

      It's cold here. Not like Alaska cold, but cold. New York City is a big freaking wind tunnel and only the stupidest people are going to make plans to try to get together for a day traipsing around.

      So - wanna join me for a day of traipsing around? :-)

      On January 16th, 2010, ***weather permitting*** I plan on dragging my suburban ass into to New York City for a day of otaku-ing hardcore. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to do so.

      12PM - Meet Kinokuniya on 6th Ave/Bryant Park. We'll be shopping *without* squeeing with our outside voices. (Sean, this means you.)

      After that, we'll wander over to Book-off, for our used manga, j-pop and other random media fix.

      Then we're going to ride the subway downtown to 9th street where depending on the size of the crowd, we'll find a nice Japanese restaurant or a dive, if you all embarrass me. (Sean...)

      And for the piece de resistance, we're going to show up at Drom, 85 Avenue A Between 5 & 6th at 4:30PM for a performance of Promise, a home-grown J-pop idol group that is composed of Friend of Yuri Leanne Finnegan and her sisters. (You may know them as the excruciatingly adorable Maria-sama ga Miteru cosplayers from Otakon a few years ago.) They've launched themselves as "Promise" and have been performing as the opening act for Akihabara moe idol Reni, who is working NYC these days. Reni will also be performing, but I don't care. I'll be there for Promise. This show has a $10 cover charge.

      There's no RSVP necessary, just nab my attention at Kino at noon. If you don't know me, look for Sean - he's the tall guy in the hat. Trust me, you'll find us no problem. lol

      This is weather permitting, so if that day is a ice/snow/slush/hail storm, do NOT drag yourself out on my account, I won't be there.

      Lastly, if you do come, try and bring a sign that says "I heart Promise!!!!!!!" or something equally girly, so we're all on board with the uber-cute ness there. :-)

      So - anyone up for a trip?