27496Re: [Yuricon] Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel 22, Bara no Mille-Feuille, Intro & Pt. 1

  • Joseph Wagner
    Aug 13, 2009
      You'll have to inform Konno-sensei--I didn't write this book.

      On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:

      On 13-Aug-2009 00:43 -0000, atheniag wrote:

      > By the way, in its original language the name of the pie is spelled
      > m i l l e f e u i l l e. When you pronounce it, it's all right in Japanese to say "mirufuuyu." But the closest pronunciation to the French for mille-feuille by far is "mirufeeyu". When written, the meaning conveyed is "a thousand women".

      Heh. Close, but not quite. A thousand girls would be "mille filles";
      "mille feuilles" is a thousand sheets or layers. The pronunciations are
      pretty similar, though (I'm *very* rusty, but I'd hazard it as being
      "milfeey" versus "milfoey" to a zeroth approximation...).

      Anyway, thank you very much to Rei, Sukoshi and Erica for all your hard
      work on this translation. :)
      .oO("automatically WhIpE yo hard drive" )

      "How much sand will the hand hold?" ~Jessica, mother of Muad'Dib
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic