27381Re: MSGM: Little Horrors (Spoilers)

  • sarcastic_weasel
    Jul 9, 2009
      Okay, first some spoiler space, courtesy of the good standby, "Lorem ipsum," used since by typesetters since the 1500s to fill space:

      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

      Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

      Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

      Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

      Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

      There we go.

      I just got my copy in the mail today, and yep, it's just like "In Library." (Konno jokingly calls it "In Library IV" in the Afterword.)
      There are 6 interludes with the "main cast," and 5 short stories, plus an Omake. According to Konno Oyuki (in the afterword), 4 of the short stories were previously printed in Cobalt (one of them was the one just printed in May 2009), and there's one new one.

      I scanned the short stories, and they're all pretty much side stories about random characters set in Lillian. (At least I didn't notice any main cast ones.)

      I've scanned most of the interlude bits and bits of the omake. It's pretty good stuff. Nothing too heavy. A good light story centered around Nana and Yoshino.

      Two things that jumped out right away: One, the standard introduction is gone. Number two is that Sachiko and Rei are officially gone from the main cast illustrations, and Shimako, Yumi, and Yoshino finally take their places at the top.

      I haven't had a good chance to read the Afterword closely, although Konno does have a good laugh about putting the character for "End" at the end of the last novel, only to come out with this one a few months later. I didn't really try to read it too deeply, though. I just scanned it, so I can't tell you if I missed Something Important.

      If nothing else, there's a great illustration of Shimako in a ponytail for you Shimako fans. Even Nana is impressed. lol.

      I'll have to break out my little electronic dictionary and read the "good bits" more closely later. I'm not so much of a fan of the random short stories.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic