27336Re: [OT] Fonts RE: [Yuricon] Aoi Hana, Ep. 1 (No spoilers)

  • Johann Chua
    Jul 2, 2009
      On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Erica Friedman<alecto_fury@...> wrote:
      > I don't have the hatred other people do for MS Comic Sans. If Apple had created it,
      > people would call it the number one best font EVAR so, whatever. It's a font that is
      > easily available to a lot of people starting out. There's nothing wrong with it *as a font*
      > it just has the misfortune to be 1) by Microsoft and 2) Overused.

      Comic Sans was loosely based on comics lettering (specifically
      WATCHMEN's), but I don't think it was intended to be used for actual
      comics since computer lettering wasn't in vogue at the time.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic