      Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Maria-sama = porn for loners?

      >What rankles with me about Maramite is the drama invested in trivialities. I just find that kind of high-school stuff insufferable. It's trivial and pointless, and the characters look like saps for taking it seriously. And it's not subtlety, either.

      If you find it insufferable there is a simple solution: don't watch it.
      And if you think it's trivial and pointless try to remember what you considered important as a teenager versus what you consider to be important now.  If you are a teenager and you don't consider that stuff important, well bully to you then.

      The point is, Marimite isn't made for people who find it trivial and insufferable.
      The characters don't look like saps because in their world, it is a serious thing.  Consider, for a moment (if you're able), if you were put into a religious school with a very serious implied structure between the grades.  And you didn't really have to worry about anything else aside from school and graduating and making your family happy---

      Now what would you consider important?

      I apologize if I come off as rough, but I don't think it's very fair to attack the character's responses if you can't consider the setting in which they've been placed.