26683Re: Yuri Databases for noobs like me?

    Mar 2, 2009
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dce.advanced"
      <advancedlightingsvc@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, this is my first post but I figured this was as good a place
      > to start as any. I don't know much about the Shoujo Ai/Yuri universe
      > and I am trying to find databases that have extensive descriptions and
      > reviews of good titles, because honestly, I have accidentally bought
      > hard core hentai one too many times based off of a vague description,
      > and that's not what I am looking for. Shoujo-Ai.com is the best I
      > have found so far that goes into detail as to what exactly you are
      > getting yourself into and the level of yuri content in the title. Any
      > suggestions of others?

      Bear in mind that "descriptions" are merely one person's opinion and
      everyone has completely personal interpretations of what makes a
      series "Yuri."

      I don't make databases, but my blog Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com)
      has reviews of quite literally hundreds of Yuri anime and manga.
      descriptions and opinions are, of course, mine. I'm pretty transparent
      about my biases, so if you like things I don't, it's pretty easy to
      decide what you would like or not.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic