24894RE: [Yuricon] Aria: The ENDINATION

    Apr 1, 2008
      > To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: adam@...
      > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:41:27 +0100
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Aria: The ENDINATION
      >
      > La la la
      >
      > Here's some text to distract Yahoo from the rest of the message.

      And this is me doing likewise, because the masheen's ever so helpful at chosing the newest text to show on the preview...

      > SPOILER
      >

      > SPACE
      >

      > No, Akari, you idiot! You're supposed to /kiss/ the bride!

      Well DUH. I mean, haven't I been saying that all along?

      >> Anyway, I guess the final episode settles the question over Aria
      > Company's bizarre dead-woman's-boots system of recruitment. It just
      > felt a little unfair to me to shuffle Alicia away like that - it's not
      > like she'd previously shown any signs of wanting to do anything else,
      > and she can only have been about 25 or so...

      You know the deal - at 25 a woman is like a Christmas cake...

      But in reality, I think it's shifted to 30 for most women and 40 for the truly recalcitrant these days.

      Of course anime women get married and stop working - because the anime-watching audience is, despite the fact that it's completely pointless for them to have an opinion, since they do not participate in such social cycles, are very consevative and want to think of women as living for their men. (Well, duh, I say again. Of course every maladjusted LFB out there lives in hope fo finding an Alicia for himself. Western LFBs have access to mail-order brides, at least.) What's the payoff for the Fanboy who watches if meek, mild, perfect Alicia says, "I'm getting married, but of course I'll keep working!" None. He wants to believe that his perfect women would immediately take the good wife, wise mother role and cater to his every need.

      In a nutshell, this is why I like Hana no Asuka-gumi. Because Hibari-sama is crazy and Youko is a psychopath, and nothing will ever change that, not even death. No meek, mild women there. :-)

      http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic