24866Re: [Yuricon] Introduction

  • Kimberly Thompson
    Mar 26, 2008
      Wow I never expected to get such the response that I did! I'm glad that everyone is interested and thank you for the suggestions and advice.

      I actually did some work today and found a few articles. Unfortunately, most of them do not necessarily pertain to Yuri specifically, but they should give me some ideas to reflect about in regards to my argument. It somewhat saddens me that there is a lack of literary and scientific research on Yuri, but I guess that's the whole point of me making it my thesis? Pretty much the small research paper is going to let me know whether I want to venture further into the topic.

      I actually did watch Utena about a year ago and after thinking about it I can see how Utena is important.

      So from now until the end of April I will be watching, re-watching, and making observations.

      But if I do find any articles that I think might be of interest to the group I will send it.

      And as far as Weezer is concerned. I am a fan of Weezer, but actually Weezer is a nick name that my older sister gave to me. And drum... well.. pretty much says it all. I'm a drummer and have been for 14 years.

      And just for shameless promoting my band's myspace page is

      Check us out.

      Kimberly

      On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...> wrote:

      Kimberly wrote:

      >I'm hoping to get everybody's thoughts and feelings on it. As of
      >right now I have seen Maria Sama Ga Miteru, Strawberry Panic, Simoun,
      >and Yami to Boshi. So if anyone has any advice, suggestions for
      >resources, or other Anime that would be crucial to look at, please do
      >not hesitate in reponding back.

      In addition to the titles other people have suggested, I would also
      recommend watching Brother, Dear Brother (Oniisama e). And, while I
      wouldn't normally recommend them, you may find the Strange Love (Hen)
      OVAs useful for your paper as well.

      Welcome to the group!

      Erin

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic