24674Re: Not quite on topic, but I need an answer. How do you deal with fanboys?

  • gilksm
    Mar 5 8:43 AM
      Nor do I claim to be such a expert, but I will weigh in regardless.
      Such a thing as funtanari is at best stepping on the line. Though, I
      would argue that the emotional aspect of yuri is half of it at least,
      while funtanari would have to exclusively be pornographic in nature,
      as I am unaware of another way to explicate the fact that such a
      character's genitals. Not that porn can't be yuri, under a loose
      definition, but do you really count the almost always present degree
      of lesbianism in male porn to be lesbian at all? The women are almost
      always clearly straight. I may be splitting hairs, but I would argue
      against something has being yuri at all if there are males as a focal
      point of the sexual encounter. Two women making out to turn some guy
      on I wouldn't call lesbian, as they are doing so to turn the guy on.
      A women with a dick, is no different in my opinion, the focal point
      is male, whether in full presence or merely male sex organs.

      So those are my objections, to reiterate and refine: I wouldn't call
      straight women having sex for male pleasure yuri. I understand that
      yuri can mean purely sexual interaction, without any emotional,
      though I think generally when someone is refering to yuri, they mean
      elements of both, as I would call the purely sexual aspect simply
      porn, and purely the emotional aspect, to be shoujo-ai (where I would
      including any loving relationships between women, including
      completely nonsexual, relative, or friend love) but I peronsally
      reserve yuri, to mean something that has elements of both. Other
      people may not make these destinctions however. I wouldn't call
      sexual situations between a women, and a person with a women's body,
      and male genitals to be yuri either.

      That is my two cents.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Joy Bordador <haruka173@...> wrote:

      > Hi all.
      >
      > I don't claim to be the world's greatest and/or most knowledgeable
      yuri fan, but right now, please tell me if this is right or wrong.

      > Some male fanboy over at one of the forae I help moderate keeps
      pushing that futanari is the same as yuri. I keep trying to tell him
      that futanari = shemale (though the politically correct term may be
      either transsexual or hermaphrodite), yuri = lesbian. I've consulted
      the somewhat-reliable Wikipedia on this and it says, essentially:

      > Futanari (¤G¦¨, ¤G§Î; Ç\ÇFÇQÇq; a compound word meaning "two form"
      in Japanese) can mean ... hermaphrodites, intersex or other
      individuals with female body-types and sexual organs resembling
      penises, whether or not those organs are in fact enlarged
      clitorises,or they possess both male and female reproductive organs.
      Technically,the term also encompasses male characters with both sets
      of sexualorgans, but these are usually excluded. Other common terms
      used to describe futanari characters are "dickgirls" or "shemales",
      although these are often considered vulgar. Futanari, along
      with "newhalf", are more polite terms having come into recent use,
      with futanaritending to refer specifically to actual hermaphrodites
      and "newhalf"tending to refer specifically to characters with female
      bodies but onlymale genitals.

      > Yuri (¦Ê¦X, Yuri?) ... is a Japanese jargon term for content
      involving love between women in anime, manga, and related Japanese
      media.[4] Yuri can focus either on the sexual or the emotional
      aspects of the relationship, the latter sometimes being called shˆtjo-
      ai by western fans.[5]

      > As we can see from the definitions above, futanari doesn't always
      equate to yuri. Unfortunately, the fanboy is a bit of a brat, and for
      the longest time I've known him he insists on having his way. I'm
      getting quite tired of getting him to distinguish between the two,
      especially because the said forum I moderate is child-friendly and
      should stay worksafe. The administrator is a bit lenient and has
      asked me not to nominate the kid for banning (I don't have actual
      powers for wielding the banstick, alas) but in as much as I am a yuri
      fan, I think this has gone on quite far enough. The forae actually
      switched board providers from Invisionfree to vBulletin, and back
      when it was in Invisionfree we suspended his membership for the exact
      same reason, but as he promised the admin he'd play nicely - and
      because I've only been made mod recently - he got away with opening a
      yuri fandom thread.

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic