24454Re: Yuri characters with GAR

  • mara_papimer
    Feb 9, 2008
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "ashura_n" <ashura_n@...> wrote:

      > Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
      > definitely comes to mind as a cool aggressive tough character.

      Not to sound like one is being haughty. But Motoko disqualifies
      herself with her immense maturity and understanding, personified in
      this quote.

      "The mark of an immature man is one who would die for a cause. The
      mark of a mature man is one who would live humbly for one."

      Motoko Kusanagi is in fact an even rearer form of female character.
      One so rare as far as I know we don't really have a buzzword for it.

      A hero who does the 'right thing' yet openly admits to both herself
      and others that her morality is purely her own decision and is just as
      flawed and unfair as everybody else's (or potently). But she doesn't
      care for or need a perfect morality, because she is capable enough to
      know that it is a childish dream.

      Sad then that she seems to be, pretty much the only woman in the GITS
      world with any screen time who isn't a sex doll.

      I still can't believe that no one has mentioned Elle Ragu yet.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic