       From: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Yuricon@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of crimsonlotus20
      Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:02 PM
      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic

      > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
      >more beautiful in text than they would be in real life.

      I'm glad you mentioned that, because I fully agree. Fiction, in a yuri
      context, is a useful (and amusing) though experiment on relationships
      and the gamut of female eroticism. It does not, in my view, have to be
      in any way immediately 'reproducible' in real life to be effective,
      but merely say something on the nature of the realms of possibility in
      fictional relationships. I don't think I have ever written a truly
      "realistic" fic in my life but that, in my view, is the central point
      of imagining different, fantasy worlds. Even if one has no inclination
      for BDSM, the characters - in a Pirandellian sense - in one's mind
      might, so from thence proceeds the story.

      Regards,
      MdG