24434Re: New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic

  • crimsonlotus20
    Feb 3 7:02 PM
      > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
      >more beautiful in text than they would be in real life.

      I'm glad you mentioned that, because I fully agree. Fiction, in a yuri
      context, is a useful (and amusing) though experiment on relationships
      and the gamut of female eroticism. It does not, in my view, have to be
      in any way immediately 'reproducible' in real life to be effective,
      but merely say something on the nature of the realms of possibility in
      fictional relationships. I don't think I have ever written a truly
      "realistic" fic in my life but that, in my view, is the central point
      of imagining different, fantasy worlds. Even if one has no inclination
      for BDSM, the characters - in a Pirandellian sense - in one's mind
      might, so from thence proceeds the story.

      Regards,
      MdG

      > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: crimsonlotus@...
      > > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:29:14 +0000
      > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on
      "Worldshaking" Fanfic

      > > good work and I hope there is more to come!
      >
      > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
      more beautiful in text than they would be in real life. (With no
      offense intended to those people who live the lifestyle.) I'm sure if
      anyone tried to do a live-action version of "Beloved" it would be
      hysterically awful. LOL In fact, I can see it clearly in my head and
      I'm laughing already.

      > Anyway, glad you liked it. :-)

      > http://www.yuricon.org

      > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM,
      we give.
      > http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic