24121Re: [Yuricon] Re: Utena and Academics

  • Zyl
    Dec 1, 2007
      Haruchin,

      There are quite a few academics in the UK who have done work with a
      anime/manga slant, though not from a theological angle:

      Dr Sharon Kinsella - http://www.kinsellaresearch.com/ (feminism)
      Dr Roger Sabin - http://www.shef.ac.uk/ibds/sabin.htm (media and
      cultural studies)
      Dr Nicola Liscutin - http://www.soas.ac.uk/events/event37645.html (nationalism)

      Further afield, there's of course Dr Matt Thorn -
      http://www.matt-thorn.com/ (cultural anthropology)

      As for publication venues, if you can weave in an international angle
      to it, you can consider:

      Millennium: Journal of International Studies (http://www.e-millennium.ac)
      see their 2001 special issue on aesthetics and International Relations:
      http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mpg/mjis/2001/00000030/00000003

      as well as their 2000 special issue on religion and IR:
      http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mpg/mjis/2000/00000029/00000003;jsessionid=3f6ua74jajfdl.henrietta

      Cheers,
      Zyl

      On Dec 1, 2007 2:54 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      > ________________________________
      > To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: haruchin@...
      > Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 11:54:46 +0000
      > Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Re: Utena and Academics
      >

      > > Thanks very much for the URL, Crimson. I'll definitely check that site
      > out.
      >

      > You also may want to join the anime-manga research ML :
      > and I can't confirm.) This groups is engaged in academic research and
      > dialogue about anime and manga on many levels.

      > http://www.yuricon.org

      > Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Share now!

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic