22912RE: [Yuricon] Re: The real meaning Of Yuri/Shoujo ai

  • u101_yoshimi@fastmail.fm
    May 31, 2007
      On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:37:19 -0500, "Ellen Kuhfeld" <ellen@...>
      said:

      > "... her past notwithstanding"?
      >
      > When Yasuna could see Hazumu, but no other boy, and when Hazumu wanted to
      > be
      > Tomari's bride (way back then) I'd say it's including Hazumu's past, not
      > despite it.

      In my opinion it doesn't really matter - including or despite.
      The fact is after Hazumu's transformation both girls were in love with
      her, therefore it was yuri. If it wasn't yuri, then all Hazumu would get
      in this anime is something like "I'm sorry Hazumu, but you know we are
      both girls right now, so... let's be friends, ok?" (in fact, Hazumu
      expected this kind of reception)
      --

      u101_yoshimi@...

      love email again