22652Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety

  • Adam Jones
    Apr 30, 2007
      On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:55:59 -0500
      Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

      > > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:44:54 +0100
      > > Adam Jones <adam@...
      > > <mailto:adam%40yggdrasl.demon.co.uk>> wrote:

      > > http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8136/vlcsnap1320421ln6.jpg
      >
      > I thought that was a nice touch. Like the inverted BEE TRAIN in the
      > Paris shop window, or the movie theater in FF7 showing Loveless.

      I spotted Noir and Madlax references in that frame. Makes me wonder if
      there are .hack and/or Avenger ones I'm missing (not having watched
      either).

      > The rest of the episode - hell, the entire series so far - seems more
      > like a Bee Train parody of Noir and Madlax than anything to take
      > seriously. And Hayward's narration had me thinking "if you're going
      > to *tell* us all this, just tell us the ending so we can skip the
      > next 22 episodes."

      Definitely. Episode 4 was pretty amusing, though - Nadie's turning out
      to be a fun character to have around.

      > I'm not going to get into my gripes with the fansub group. Suffice it
      > to say we did not review that font.

      Heh. Whoever picked it has obviously never tried watching subs on an
      actual (SD)TV set...
      .oO("No, that's entopry." )