22508Re: [Yuricon] New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan and Hitohira

    Apr 7 8:04 AM
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan
      >and Hitohira
      >Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:52:56 -0400
      >
      >On Apr 7, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Aaron the PK wrote:
      >

      > > The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
      > > first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
      > > thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
      > > in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
      > > produced by the same staff who brought us the
      > > deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito."

      IIt's been said, but I was going to say that, yeah - its a guy, not a girl.

      > > But that's not what we care about. We care about her
      > > interactions with Nono, a member of the drama club.
      > > Nono is the one interested in getting Mugi to joing
      > > the club. After Mugi gets knocked down at one point,
      > > Nono helps her up and Mugi's can't help but notice how
      > > good looking Nono is. And when Nono gets Mugi to join
      > > the drama club at the end of the episode, the scene is
      > > absolutely dripping in yuri subtext.

      >Oh, you mean the part where Nono buys Mugi's soul for $5? I'm sorry,
      >but I found the first episode much more interesting when I imagined
      >that Nono was buying people's souls instead of recruiting people into
      >the drama club. Which is totally not gay, btw. ;)

      SO agreed. If you imagine Nono as a modern day Mephistopheles it's all much
      more enjoyable. Otherwise, Hitohira is really kind of dull. :-)

      >One more thing. Student Council President: Totally Gay. That is all.

      Lesbian meme role call: Motorcycles, Student Council President, Going to
      America
      Instant lesbi-fying name roll call: Yuri(ko), Kaoru, Natsuki

      So mote it be.