22389Re: [Yuricon] Kedamono Damono

  • Joe Wagner
    Mar 18, 2007
      I was actually really disappointed by this one.  I'm usually a pretty big fan of gender-bending (having some experience in that area myself), but there really wasn't enough substance to Kedamono Damono.  For starters, the mangaka chose not to reveal in this first volume WHY Haruki and family change sex at night... even though it seems to span several weeks or even a month.  Sure it's nice to see pervy girl on chaste girl but... since there's no immediate back story I have a feeling this book could be relegated to LFBs.  It is shoujo, but in this case, i'm not sure that's enough.  I'll wait and see if the second volume turns things around i guess.

      ~Senbei

      On 3/18/07, Andi, Andi Spring, Spring <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

       I found small article in Newtype for a manga called Kedamono Damono.

      "Konatsu is the manager of the boys' basketball team, and has a crush on her senpai, Haem? Haruki is a boy by day... and a really pervy girl by night!"

      So, I got a copy of it the other day. I read through it and it wasn't bad. It has lots of potential. So far, Konatsu's mostly done romantic things with the girl version, though she keeps wanting to know how the boy version of Haruki feels.

      This part though really made it interesting. [insert spoiler warning]

      (highlight to read)
      At one point Konatsu cries to girl Haruki that none of it makes sense to her because she is a lot more attracted to the girl version than the guy version.
      [end spoiler warning]

      So the story has potential to be really good. Whether or not it uses that potential, I don't know. I hope it does.

      Need Mail bonding?

      "Pray that when you arise from the darkness it will not be as a revengeful horsemen of the apocalypse, but as an avenging angel..." ~The Old Abbey, La Comte de Monte Cristo
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic