22367Re: ICE

    Mar 13, 2007
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Me <thethespi@...> wrote:

      > Having seen said show you are referring to... I will have to
      respectfully tell you, I don't think this is going to be anything like it.

      I watched the trailer last night...I have to agree with you. :-)

      I don't believe there will be any more substantial yuri that there was
      in Vandread , which is to say, I predict a few "obvious" couples that
      are barely touched upon, but that's about it.

      The main pairing is the usual shounen fare of older woman/younger
      woman, which is really a stereotype I wouldn't mind seeing go away for
      a while. (El Cazador is going to be the same exact thing.) ... But
      thinking about it, if we take away that stereotpye, we'll probably get
      a loli couple, like the new Kiddy Grade.

      I'm never going to see an anime where the characters are all adult
      women, am I? I just need to get over it.

      Anyway - ICE definitely looks interesting. Yuri or not, I'll
      definitely give it a watch, because while it might be style over
      substance, the style looks good. :-)