21519Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" is exactly one year from today

    Oct 1, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dark_kamui2003" <dark_kamui2003@...>
      > Will it ever be held in Australia?

      I can't answer that precisely because no one ever knows what the
      future will hold, but it's a pretty fair bet that unless someone who
      lives there is willing to set up all the details and invite me out,

      I (an a large portion of the YC staff) live on the east coast of the
      US, so it makes sense that that's where Yuricon is Headquartered. I
      and the Yuricon staff *do* travel to other events and we will hold
      Yuri Panels in other locations. But there's pretty much no way I can
      hold hotel negotiations and set up a con 1/2way around the world from
      where I'm located unless there's someone there acting as my agent.
      (The organizer of Yuricon '05 was Rica Takashima. There would have
      been no YC '05 in Tokyo without her.)

      This goes for everywhere - if you want a yuri event on the west coast
      of the US, or in Europe, or Australia, DON'T WAIT FOR ME to do it for
      you! Just go ahead and set one up on your own. It's not "Yuricon" but
      it'll be "Yuri West" or "Yuri UK" or whatever you name it.

      Then let me know about it, and I'll gladly list it on our "Events"
      page, which currently has a Yuri/Yaoi event in Germany and a con in
      Poland with strong yuri content.

      Add me to the Guest list and I'll see what I can do about getting
      there. :-)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic