21518Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" is exactly one year from today

    Oct 1, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
      wrote:

      > Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into
      more than
      > one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
      day
      > Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
      with
      > today's travel expenses.

      >From: "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai"
      is exactly one year from today
      >Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:08:07 -0400
      >
      >Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into more
      >than
      >one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
      >day
      >Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
      >with
      >today's travel expenses.

      Hi there -

      Not for 2007. There's a lot of reasons why we're doing it as a one-
      day event, but primarily we're attempting to recreate the feel of
      2005's Tokyo event, which was also one-day. (If you think you've got
      a long way to go, just think of the dozen or so people who came to
      Tokyo with us for that event!)

      There's a possibility that we will one day run a longer event, but
      for now, this is the way we're doing it. :-)