21248Re: Welcome to our new - and long-lost - members!

  • Jeff Daly
    Aug 10, 2006
      Hmmm... Let's see- Okay, I go by the name of Baka Gaijin30 (which
      basically translates to "Stupid Foreigner 30"), and I chose the name
      because it fits my sense of humor. I'm 32 years old, and I first was
      exposed to anime as a young child through Battle of the
      Planets/Gatchaman, and as an adult through the original OVA of
      Bubblegum Crisis. I think it was through reading BGC fanfiction that
      I first became exposed to yuri, and have been infatuated with it
      ever since. My favorite parings are probably Haruka and Michiru, as
      well as Ami and Makoto from Sailor Moon. I also write fanfiction (a
      lot of it parodying my favorite series).

      I think one of the things I find most appealing about yuri is that
      there's a tenderness and beauty in the best stories that's missing
      in a lot of hetero stories.

      Anyways, that's it for now. I'm currently writing a Strawberry Panic
      spoof, so I'll be sure to let you all know when the next chapter is
      done. Bye ^^

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "fen_no_arawn" <fen_no_arawn@...>
      wrote:

      > Hloo ladies and gents! I'm Sab, which is short for H. Sabets; also
      known
      > as Saber, Sabie, and Hira to people who've known me way too long.
      I'm 20
      > years oldish, and I'm an artist and a writer. These two abilities
      > together form of the aspiration to one day make graphic novels; I
      have,
      > currently, two heavily shoujo-ai focused stories in the works,
      which I
      > may bug the community for feedback on once they get to a more
      finalized
      > state. I don't remember exactly when it dawned on me, but at some
      point
      > around 15 or 16 tender years, I realized that there was nothing so
      > appealing as shoujo-ai; gooshy, fluffy, light, dramatic, angsty,
      torrid,
      > sexy... it's all so very lovely.
      >
      > For me, I didn't discover yuri manga/anime till after this
      realization,
      > but I'll try to recount some moments of first-yuri-love... I think
      the
      > first f/f couple in anime I actually likely shipped was
      Ranko/Akane in
      > Ranma 1/2; back when I was 13 someone made a fanfiction about what
      if
      > jusenkyo curses were permanent, and it dealt with Ranko & Akane
      having
      > to get to know eachother with Akane knowing Ranma as a girl, and
      ever
      > since it's kinda stuck... even in the manga the Ranko/Akane scenes
      seem
      > sweeter than the ones with M-Ranma. I have huge, embarrassing
      crushes on
      > Lum from Urusei Yatsura, Shampoo and Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, Hikaru
      Shidou
      > from Magic Knight Rayearth, and both Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
      from
      > Batman(the animated series), which aren't anime, but I can't help
      it.
      > They're just sooo cute. XD;
      >
      > I found Yuricon when I once attended ACen and got a flyer for
      Yaoicon.
      > Not really into yaoi, I was more curious to check online to see if
      there
      > was, perhaps, a parallel YuriCon... and so was lead here. ;3 I'll
      stop
      > yammering, and end this with some of my art, for perhaps desired
      > perusal:
      > The three main characters

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Roughs/sketchle490-
      extr\
      > aordinarilynice.jpg> of my torrid lesbian love triangle story
      that I
      > keep trying to jumpstart. Left to right Mayounaka, Ryuko and
      Narita.
      > Mai-po and Ri-chu

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Roughs/sketchle456-
      does\
      > ntitjustturnyouon.jpg> from the above. Mai loves messing with Ri,
      Ri
      > finds Mai strange and disfavorable.
      > Na-chi

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Roughs/sketchle437-
      heyi\
      > mdorisday.jpg> , from the first. Na is in general torn between a
      lot of
      > things, and ri and mai's attentions do not ease this.
      > Mai continuing with her favorite hobby

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Roughs/sketchle423-
      ihav\
      > egreatrespectforyou.jpg> (possibly a bit risque for work; doesn't
      help
      > that I forgot to draw ri's clothes)
      > a "minicomic" I conjured

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Wipps/theyshouldkiss
      01.\

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Wipps/resize01.jpg>

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Wipps/resize02_2.jpg

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Wipps/resize02_3.jpg

      <http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/narmalle/Wipps/resize03.jpg>
      .

      > Yeah that's it for now, time to ease off on the link happiness.
      >

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all!
      > >
      > > We have officially passed the 1500 person mark this week, so I
      > > thought it might be nice to say hello to all the folks who have
      > > joined recently.
      > >
      > > If you're new here, please take a moment to read the FAQs for
      this
      > > list at http://www.yuricon.org/faq.html Really. I mean it. Go
      *read*
      > > the page.
      > >
      > > When you have read our rules, feel free to jump in with a short
      > > intro, who your favorite yuri couple is, how you got into yuri,
      that
      > > sort of thing. :-) I'll start:
      > >
      > > My name is Erica Friedman, founder and preseident of Yuricon. I
      got
      > > into yuri through Sailor Moon and still think Haruka and Michiru
      are
      > > the Queens of Yuri. Currently watching Simoun and Strawberry
      Panic,
      > > and reading Kotonoha no Miko to Kotodama no Majyo to (reviewed
      today
      > > on Okazu:http://okazu.blogspot.com).
      > >
      > > Before I go, I want to welcome back a long-lost friend to the
      list.
      > > In 2003, Menagi-chan was the vice chair of Yuricon 2003 and we're
      > > very, very pleased to have her back! Yay!
      > >
      > > So welcome to our friends, new and old - welcome to the Yuricon
      ML!

      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Erica

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic