21216Re: [Yuricon] Re: Simoun 18 speculation (SPOILERS!)

  • Adam Jones
    Aug 1, 2006
      On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:48:36 -0000, "Susan Davis"
      <futabachan@...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > SPOILER
      > >

      > > SPACE
      > >

      > > BECAUSE
      > >

      > > WELL
      > >

      > > DUH...
      > >

      > > ...and when I say "foreboding", I mean "farewell, Mamiina".
      >
      > I don't think so. I think Mamiina x Rodo is the feel-good romantic
      > relief, along with Wapo-chan x Morinas.

      WxM has been more angsty than feel-good of late... And if they're
      going to shatter MxR, now would be the optimally evil time. Of course,
      I'm assuming the writers know how to be cruel.

      > I'd expect them to lose an entire Simoun rather than just one sibylla
      > from one.

      That's a valid point, certainly. On the other hand, I can just see
      someone getting a nasty bullet-wound but hanging on long enough for the
      other to kill their attacker and then watch them die poetically.

      (Okay, okay, so this is why I should never be allowed to write for a
      show like this.)

      > Hmm, so who's the doomed Simoun, then? Paraietta and Kaimu? Alti and
      > Floe?

      Both seem pretty unlikely. We do see Floe flinching away from an
      explosion of some sort, which suggests it's not her blowing up.

      (Hmm. What happens if you blow up a Simoun with guns from close range?)

      > Maximum romantic pathos points if they scrag Rodo and Morinas before
      > Rodo and Mamiina even have a chance to become a pair, and Morinas and
      > Wapo-chan have a chance to make up....

      Yow. That's the Hideaki Anno option right there. "I hate you,
      audience!" ;)
      .oO("I thought you two were flirting..." )