20969Re: Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl End - what do we think?

  • reesedorrycott
    Jun 22, 2006

      > > I notice that no one has commented on the end of Kashimashi Girl
      > > Meets Girl.

      I just finished viewing it last week. It is a very long download on my
      system.

      > I suspect that most of us are waiting on the fansubs (which have just
      > hit #11).

      Twelve is out. Though the last few are in MKV format.

      > > Spoiler
      > >

      > > Space
      > >

      > > As
      > >

      > > Per
      > >

      > > Usual
      > >

      > > The part with Yasuna going more progressively blind to people as her
      > > little heart shatters was annoying.

      Perhaps to you. I found it a better plot device than most I have
      found over the years, including many of my own.

      > > It's kind of a silly plot complication in the first place that she
      > > can't see guys - and I'd scoff loudly if only I personally didn't
      > > have a much similar problem with all people's face myself.

      Faces have names? To be bluntly honest, as a Dyslexic it is extremely
      diffacult for me to remember names. In truth when I view a crowd I
      see no faces, only bodies. I have been known to walk right past my
      wife while searching for her. To my most sincere embarresment.

      > And did anything ever happen with Ayuki? Besides getting the "She
      is like a butterfly! See? Can you see what we did?" part and hints
      that she had a thing for someone in the main triangle, she seemed to
      pretty much disappear by #10.

      She would not step onto the stage. Dissapointing, for she deserved
      too. I think that they were going with a Spock/Jerk (err Kirk) pairing
      three. Fools that they are. In the last episode she is still with
      her love, still there, still careing. It is possible that she will
      gain her desires, though I do not know this.

      .
      .
      .
      .
      .

      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is this;

      Basically I will say this. Setting aside the standard plot devices,
      random foolishness and very blatent dead ends I very much enjoyed
      this. I have not had my heart torn so much since my first viewing of
      The Ghost and Mrs Muir back in the 1950's. Overall, for me this is a
      wonderful love story. True, I would not have written it as it was
      written, but that is why the Gods granted more than one viewpoint in
      this world.

      Reading that magna plot of thirty days was simply sickening. Please.
      You do not rebirth a creature only to limit its life to a single
      moon. Whomever chose that plot deserves a harsh papercut. Or two.

      As I very much like how this series ended I will most likely avoid
      episiode 13, though when the DVD becomes avaliable in San Antonio I
      will most certainly purchase a copy. Stories like this are rare, none
      are perfect. In the least there was love, not lust as the driving force.

      On a scale of zero to one hundred with zero being Plan Nine from Outer
      Space, I will rate this as an eighty-six.

      There are no one hundreds.

      My two cheap dinar.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic